Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up a 2017 Renegade 600 backcountry with a 146'' track. What I didn't know was that it had T-motion rear suspension. Not needed on hard packed trails of Michigan. How are the delete kits holding up? I am worried about all the side to side torque on a single pivot point. I know the real fix is going with the skinz system. Some talk about using parts from other sleds, others say that the geometry is wrong.

·
Slednuck
1,982 Posts
It's common to break the bottom T-motion arm with a lockout. ZRP makes a stronger replacement or just weld some extra material on the stocker. Was about an hour of screwing around in the shop the last time I welded one up.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
MainWay Solutions makes a Fantastic Tmotion Delete kit (the best one Ive installed yet) . I also like the Tmotion delete kit from Grip and Rip

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just leave it, nothing wrong with tmotion. internet heresay
I noticed it right away on hard packed trails. It rides like it has 4 wheel steering and likes to dart. Also alot of ski lift in the corners.Tippey.

Reactions: Valonmxz

·
Registered
369 Posts
I prefer it locked out. It will break if stressed enough. Not designed for the side load caused by locking it. I ride off trail in the Rocky Mts and go fast on the bumpy trails so I put a lot of stress on it. It finally broke yesterday afternoon, fortunately on the trail at end of day. Crank up the torsion spring. Let the swing arm's bottom rest on the broken triangle so it doesn't drag on the track. I'd put maybe 500 miles on it. I'm replacing it with the Skinz SDTMX400-10.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just rode 400 miles last weekend, may have been the last ride of the season. I will be dropping the skid and installing the Skinz system over the summer.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I just rode 400 miles last weekend, may have been the last ride of the season. I will be dropping the skid and installing the Skinz system over the summer.
You got to be crazy, $500 to delete the Tmo.
I deleted with Val's kit the Tmo in my '16 146 FR skid that I use when I go on trail ride trips. I just put close to 1,800 "hard" fast miles during two trips to Quebec with absolutely no issues.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Mine finally broke. No one's fault. Joint not designed for the stress from lockout. I used the maineway lockout bushing which worked great. I put a lot of stress on it riding at altitude, lots of carving, sidehilling. My 174 track adds weight/stress I assume. Lucky it failed Sunday afternoon on trail headed to parking lot.

Easy to jury rig and prevent collateral damage.

IMG_3346.jpeg

Bought Skinz t motion delete. $350 delivered from Summit Racing.

6F0C1CAE-C9B7-41B2-B84A-BB0A2C9A2ED1_4_5005_c.jpeg

Attachments

·
Slednuck
1,982 Posts
You got to be crazy, $500 to delete the Tmo.
I deleted with Val's kit the Tmo in my '16 146 FR skid that I use when I go on trail ride trips. I just put close to 1,800 "hard" fast miles during two trips to Quebec with absolutely no issues.
Hard fast trail miles are like beginner miles in the mountains it is not comparable though I am glad that yours is working out for you.

Reactions: Valonmxz

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Mine finally broke. No one's fault. Joint not designed for the stress from lockout. I used the maineway lockout bushing which worked great. I put a lot of stress on it riding at altitude, lots of carving, sidehilling. My 174 track adds weight/stress I assume. Lucky it failed Sunday afternoon on trail headed to parking lot.
Easy to jerry rig and prevent collateral damage.
IMG_3346.jpeg

Bought Skinz t motion delete. $350 delivered from Summit Racing.
6F0C1CAE-C9B7-41B2-B84A-BB0A2C9A2ED1_4_5005_c.jpeg
Sooo, did you confirm anything with summit before you ordered? A few weeks ago i was trying to find this same kit and it was listed as in stock at summit when NO-ONE else had any available to order. Soo called summit to confirm before ordering. As i suspected it is an error on their site, the guy i was talking to called skinz to verify and 3wayed me on the call. Skinz will not have any of these available til fall. Just thought i would throw this out there as ya might want to call summit and maybe save you a headache. And if it is available, let me know soo i can get mine ordered also!! Haha!

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Hard fast trail miles are like beginner miles in the mountains it is not comparable though I am glad that yours is working out for you.
I do a fair amount of Mountain riding on my 154 and I don't see it as harder on the skid then slamming moguls and slamming into holes in corners on hard pack at high speeds.

Unless maybe you're doing huge drops, I think slamming the skid on hard pack is harder on it.

And the OP is from N.Ohio riding trails in Mi.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Sooo, did you confirm anything with summit before you ordered? A few weeks ago i was trying to find this same kit and it was listed as in stock at summit when NO-ONE else had any available to order. Soo called summit to confirm before ordering. As i suspected it is an error on their site, the guy i was talking to called skinz to verify and 3wayed me on the call. Skinz will not have any of these available til fall. Just thought i would throw this out there as ya might want to call summit and maybe save you a headache. And if it is available, let me know soo i can get mine ordered also!! Haha!
I did.

3/16 Called Summit, they showed manufacturer had 2 in stock, put me on hold while they called to confirm, placed order, arrived Monday afternoon.

Kit was missing bushings and lower arm stoppers. Called/emailed Skinz to confirm they are needed, Skinz shipped them yesterday, scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I did.
3/16 Called Summit, they showed manufacturer had 2 in stock, put me on hold while they called to confirm, placed order, arrived Monday afternoon.
Kit was missing brass bushings and lower arm stoppers. Called/emailed Skinz to confirm they are needed, Skinz shipped them yesterday, scheduled to arrive tomorrow.
Well thats a crock.. haha! Glad u got one but not amused they didnt "have any available" when i tried..

·
Registered
369 Posts
Well thats a crock.. haha! Glad u got one but not amused they didnt "have any available" when i tried..
yeah, I agree. I'd be torqued if shoe were on other foot.

The bushings they sent are plastic. I assumed they would be metal.

I used the stock bushings. Cut about 5" off end of stock torque arm tube, put in vise, insert 15MM socket, and hammer, hammer, hammer. Pressing them into the new torque arm required more care because they have to go in square. Gentle hammer taps to start, block of wood + hammer to drive it in a bit more, then insert stock axel bushing, block of wood, and hammer hammer hammer hammer.

Installing the lower arm stopper blocks required estimating placement and drilling holes. Maybe only necessary for my 174? maybe 165 and 154 have existing holes to mount stoppers blocks?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
just buy the rear arm off an 08-12 summit for dirt cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I have read that the geomerty is not the same.

True or fasle?

1 - 20 of 67 Posts