Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to clear some things up on this whole debate on whether the X-RS truly has a 440 Rolling chassis. The main concern is the bracing from my findings.

It is NOT a 2006 440 chassis.

It IS a 2005 440 chassis.

Minor changes in the bracing between the sleds.

I dont' know if it was already cleared up before, but I couldn't find it. Just thought I'd throw it in.

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Thank you for the info.

·
Super Mega Wicked Advanced Member
2,041 Posts
DooSki7c said:
Just wanted to clear some things up on this whole debate on whether the X-RS truly has a 440 Rolling chassis. The main concern is the bracing from my findings.

I dont' know if it was already cleared up before, but I couldn't find it. Just thought I'd throw it in.
[snapback]754672[/snapback]​
That's is good to know, thanks for posting.

Is this a fact?
I'm not trying to sound like a edit for bad language its just a lot of people have posted different info.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
DooSki7c said:

Good to know...but why would they use 2005 chasis instead of 2006 ...

What are your sources ???

·
Registered
233 Posts
ded moroz said:
DooSki7c said:

Good to know...but why would they use 2005 chasis instead of 2006 ...

What are your sources ???
[snapback]755012[/snapback]​
I saw it with my own eyes!

It is not the race chassis! It has the susp, shocks and a-arms but no extra supports!

It is a regualar Rev chassis...with the X package tunnel supports only.

Andy

·
Registered
57 Posts
If that is the case the picture on the ski-doo site is wrong as it shows the upper A-arm to have bracing next to the upper ball-joint as the 440 revs have had. So either the one you saw was a prototype not ready for production or they did actually change the a-arm bracing.

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
CAnderson said:
If that is the case the picture on the ski-doo site is wrong as it shows the upper A-arm to have bracing next to the upper ball-joint as the 440 revs have had. So either the one you saw was a prototype not ready for production or they did actually change the a-arm bracing.

[snapback]755362[/snapback]​
Its in no way, shape, or form a true 440 chassis. It has no front nun brace and from pic it is easy to tell it does NOT have the reinforced tunnel in rear. look at ANY year REV 440 and they have like double wall thickness of the aluminum in rear of tunnel... The rear of the 440 chassis is ever so strong. This new X-RS is just BRP way of getting rid of "OLD" stuff.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Also don't assume you know exactly what will be on it because you saw a photo/show sled. They are often just decaled current season sleds. I'm betting it'll have most of the reinforcing.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Carolla said:
Also don't assume you know exactly what will be on it because you saw a photo/show sled. They are often just decaled current season sleds. I'm betting it'll have most of the reinforcing.

[snapback]755407[/snapback]​
I agree! A lot of assumptions are being make based on prototypes or pics..

·
Registered
177 Posts
here is flier from skidoo this might cufuse you some more. i can email you the flier if you want

For 2007, we're offering the hottest sleds we've ever produced - the MX Z and Summit X-RS packages. The RS stands for Racing Special, and that's because these Spring order-only models are basically our race sleds made ready for the trail or mountains. MX Zx 440 chassis. Cutting edge shocks. Polycarbonate hoods. You even activate

RER with the pipe preheat switch!

Learn More about the X-RS and our other 2007 Spring only X-packages

·
Super Mega Wicked Advanced Member
2,041 Posts
trout1 said:
here is flier from skidoo this might cufuse you some more. i can email you the flier if you want

For 2007, we're offering the hottest sleds we've ever produced - the MX Z and Summit X-RS packages. The RS stands for Racing Special, and that's because these Spring order-only models are basically our race sleds made ready for the trail or mountains. MX Zx 440 chassis. Cutting edge shocks. Polycarbonate hoods. You even activate

RER with the pipe preheat switch!

Learn More about the X-RS and our other 2007 Spring only X-packages
[snapback]755657[/snapback]​
I was just going to post the same thing. That should clear it up.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
It DOES say MX Zx 440 chassis, I'm thinking it will be the rolling 440 chassis. We have all seen sleds at the shows in their pre-production clothes that are not true representations of what goes down the assembly line.

Again, since it says MX Zx 440 chassis, I would not hesitate to say this is what you will be getting.

·
D17
644 Posts
alls i can say is look at the rear tunnel. look at any race sled where the skid mounts to the tunnel. there is a window cut out of the tunnel on the true racers. and the double thick reenforcement.

its an X package with 440 shocks, cleaned up handlebar controls.

its like saying, the "racecars" that NASCAR teams bring to there sponcer location are real race cars.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I reiterate that the word basically in the marketing world does not equal exactly. How many times have you heard someone say 'yeah they are basically the same the only DIFFERENCE is ...' It's a word marketers love to use to make it seem the same without breaking any advertising laws. Their argument in court would be, we said basically not exactly.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
umm i dont think most people would like a full on 440 chassis to begin with. remember when people complained about their 2001 mxzx's (consumer sleds not racers) being too stiff? well magnify that by about 10 times with a 440. if people bought an 800 with a 440 chassis and shocks you'd be crying the first 10 miles. it's a lot more than 95% of the people on the trail need. BRP knows this too, so my best guess is that it's not even close to a 440. id even put a case of beer on this.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts