Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else put on a 821 belt? If so did you have to lower it in secondary because it was turning track?

·
Registered
2021 BC XRS
7,481 Posts
I'm running one on my 850 and had to drop it way down to get the track creep right.

Checked it after about 100 miles and could raise it up to a little above flush.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply that’s good news! How did you find it for RPM and speed? I heard guys say RPM drops but is couple mph faster?

·
Registered
2021 BC XRS
7,481 Posts
Thanks for the reply that's good news! How did you find it for RPM and speed? I heard guys say RPM drops but is couple mph faster?
I removed 2 grams of pin weight and it was still about 200 rpms low but warm temps and heavy snow.
Am going to check it again before making any changes.
Pulled hard though, seems to be very little slip.

·
OCD Sledhead
8,598 Posts
Best belt on market by far, has proved itself the last 3 seasons on big HP Winders that would put hurtin on every belt they tried, then Ultimax would hold for most guys, far far longer.

Very grippy belt, cleanest running belts Ive ever run since they grip well, little dust! Therefore RPMs drop due to no slippage, and always cooler running then harder belts, again due to no slippage....Got one here for my 850 as soon as my breakin is done, almost there and will be after tomorrow's ride.

Also, more consistent from warm to cold temps.

I got a pin kit to adjust weight. Aiming to stick with clicker 3.

Dan

·
Registered
2021 BC XRS
7,481 Posts
Best belt on market by far, has proved itself the last 3 seasons on big HP Winders that would put hurtin on every belt they tried, then Ultimax would hold for most guys, far far longer.

Very grippy belt, cleanest running belts Ive ever run since they grip well, little dust! Therefore RPMs drop due to no slippage, and always cooler running then harder belts, again due to no slippage....Got one here for my 850 as soon as my breakin is done, almost there and will be after tomorrow's ride.

Dan
Agreed, I'm sticking with 3 as well. Pulls hard everywhere just a little low on rpms. I'm going to run it again in colder weather and then remove a little weight if it needs it.

You're also right about clean clutches, very little dust compared to the 531.

I have a 571 that I may try also but see no reason to if this 821 works like it seems like will.

·
OCD Sledhead
8,598 Posts
Agreed, I'm sticking with 3 as well. Pulls hard everywhere just a little low on rpms. I'm going to run it again in colder weather and then remove a little weight if it needs it.

You're also right about clean clutches, very little dust compared to the 531.

I have a 571 that I may try also but see no reason to if this 821 works like it seems like will.
Fair amount of belt dust on my new 571 so far for only 128 miles on ticker(first ride).

On my Winder I just dialed in rpms for Ultimax and never looked back. Not too mention the incredible new warranty program where you get the new one back faster and the price VS warranty(none) and price of any OEM belt.

Dan

·
Premium Member
Expy 600R SE
3,636 Posts
Has anyone else put on a 821 belt? If so did you have to lower it in secondary because it was turning track?
I broke in the stock Doo belt on my 900T then switched to the XS821 and still have that belt on the sled>>>>>A little over 700 miles now>>>>>RPM is at 7600 right now but I have the purple purple spring in the secondary also>>>> But my belt does not set in>>>> I adjust to make track just hardly creep and belt is just at the bottom of the cogs>>>>>Depends also is how tight you have your track I believe>>>>

Reactions: muskokadoo

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the Freed back guys. I'm heading to Quebec tomorrow so will be able to do some testing.
My original brp belt has 5500 km on it and I don't want to chance it. I had that belt set up that the bottom of the cogs were flush. I didn't adjust when I put the 821 on and the track was spinning.
To stop the track I had to drop the belt so the top of belt is flush. I will break in the belt and post findings.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts

Dan
you betcha buddy ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts