Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i went for a ride today battling the frigid temps(-15 windchill), and about 15 miles into the ride, i pin the throttle going across a field........well i look down at the speedo and my needle is going backwards.....it finally stopped at 130, so it didnt make it all the way back around.....but i was like "*%@" so i stop and show my buddy, and we kinda chuckle about it and keep going. so im giggling to myslef because when i start moving, the needle kept going backwards, until...........................IT FRIGGIN FALLS OFF........thats right, my needle is laying on the bottom of my speedo. so, doo any of you guys know how to take the speedo apart so i can put the darn needle back on??? or is it impossible to take them apart and now i have to try and find a new one???

·
Registered
523 Posts
MXZ_nut said:
so i went for a ride today battling the frigid temps(-15 windchill), and about 15 miles into the ride, i pin the throttle going across a field........well i look down at the speedo and my needle is going backwards.....it finally stopped at 130, so it didnt make it all the way back around.....but i was like "*%@" so i stop and show my buddy, and we kinda chuckle about it and keep going. so im giggling to myslef because when i start moving, the needle kept going backwards, until...........................IT FRIGGIN FALLS OFF........thats right, my needle is laying on the bottom of my speedo. so, doo any of you guys know how to take the speedo apart so i can put the darn needle back on??? or is it impossible to take them apart and now i have to try and find a new one???
[snapback]723385[/snapback]​
Was out there today also. Had too, finally got snow. How much did you get up by you? The speedo was trying to tell you something
!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
in new london we received about 8" or so. the guy i was riding with(87 yammi SRV) and i put on 145 miles today. left NL nad headed north up through shawano, got misplaced and ended up ove by pulaski, and eventually found our way back home. the trails up in shawano county are marked terribly, got misplaced a few times today going through there. at 1 point the trail led us right up to an electric wire fence!!!!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
might even be able to find one for a decent price on e-bay and save yourself the hastle of screwing around with it. chances are putting the needle back on it will not solve the problem anyway if it was going backwards.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
98_formula_III_600 said:
If you do buy a new one make sure whatever caused the problem in the first place is fixed or you will have a brand new one which is broken too lol
[snapback]723524[/snapback]​
well, i dont know if it has anyting to do with it or not, but for the last 3 seasons, it would not drop below 20mph, i just always figured it was due to all the grease packed in it. seems everytime i grease the driveshaft bearings, i always end up with a puddle of grease on the prefilter below the speedo. its oozes out the km/h hole on the back of the speedo.

·
Registered
244 Posts
that doesnt sound right...ive never heard of that happening before. may want to look into that.

·
Ride it like your brothers going to fix it
870 Posts
I see them all the time on E-Bay. But then again who needs gauges anyway. Just pin it and go.

·
vintage color spoken here!
1,014 Posts
jimmbo407 said:
I see them all the time on E-Bay. But then again who needs gauges anyway. Just pin it and go.

[snapback]724418[/snapback]​
Bro, maybe this is why your health insurance provider will not cover you while on a snowmobile anymore

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had a tach on a Polaris that quit due to a spider building a web inside. When I fired it up in the fall the tach was dead. Upon closer inspection I could see the web and the dead spider due to the lack of flies in a tach to catch. I carefully opened it as it was all crimped together, cleaned out the web, kicked the spider out , crimped it back together and everything worked as advertised. Good luck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.