Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to install a set of UFO's in my Formula Z 700, and a set of reeds. I have been told I can't buy reeds for the 40mm round slides for this motor. I would like to know if anyone out there has installed the UFO's if so what did you adjust the pilot jets to.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Z700 said:
I would like to install a set of UFO's in my Formula Z 700, and a set of reeds. I have been told I can't buy reeds for the 40mm round slides for this motor. I would like to know if anyone out there has installed the UFO's if so what did you adjust the pilot jets to.
[snapback]258788[/snapback]​
Check to see if you have stock reeds in your engine, if so you most likely would be able to get a better set of reeds like vforce or something. And with the UFO's, I heard those things are tricky to jet for, if I were you I'd contact thunder products and see if they have the jetting specs there for it.

·
Fuzzy but not Blue........
10,652 Posts
I don't remember what size to drill contact Thunder Products, but drilling out the center where your needle goes thru and you won't have to drop your pilot jetting. Sold my kit last year and don't have the paperwork to help with size. They do wake the round slide cars up abunch.
-Grover

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ripper29 said:
Z700 said:
[snapback]258788[/snapback]​
Check to see if you have stock reeds in your engine, if so you most likely would be able to get a better set of reeds like vforce or something. And with the UFO's, I heard those things are tricky to jet for, if I were you I'd contact thunder products and see if they have the jetting specs there for it.
[snapback]259028[/snapback]​
I do have the stock reeds in it, I bought it new. I'm looking to wake it up a bit. I called Moto Tass. They told me they did not make reeds for this motor because it was a one year motor (round slides). I find this hard to believe with so many MXZ's out there. He started to say something about grinding out the boot or something. Any help would be great.
Wayne

·
Registered
928 Posts
I dropped down to a 20 works great, it helped with the idle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts