Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We rode three hours stopped to eat, came back out and had zero power. Zero. After playing around and trying the start button numerous times they both started. Later all my buddies indicator gauges came on and then his dash went black. Any experience with this happening? Kinda strange they both did it same time.

·
Registered
338 Posts
My 14 had gauge cycling issues, mine were replaced but many had an additional ground added, but I never had a no start issue. Two machines at the same time is very strange!

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
Did they turn over but not start or did they do nothing when you hit the button?

Double check ground from the frame to the battery box.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They did nothing at all. Like the batteries were out. Gonna check my grounds. Yeah Bermuda triangle would've made sense. Lol

·
Registered
920 Posts
Dealer just added a Extra ground to mine to hopefully cure a wacky dash .....said seen it many times ...also stated the new machines have more grounding points than previously.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
This same thing has happened to me and two of my friends. On really cold mornings or at a lunch stop the sleds acted like there was no battery in them. nothing at all when trying to start. we discovered that the main relay in the fuse box was sticking. moisture was getting in and they would freeze. removing them and holding them in our hands in our pocket would get us going again. we were given new relays and it never happened again. we also started one for a stranger in clover one morning. it is the fix

·
Registered
448 Posts
This same thing has happened to me and two of my friends. On really cold mornings or at a lunch stop the sleds acted like there was no battery in them. nothing at all when trying to start. we discovered that the main relay in the fuse box was sticking. moisture was getting in and they would freeze. removing them and holding them in our hands in our pocket would get us going again. we were given new relays and it never happened again. we also started one for a stranger in clover one morning. it is the fix
just like the yamaha relay problems

Reactions: Moemantha

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had a 2013, would not crank until I opened throttle but then it would crank, but not start. I could eventually get it started, of course started and ran perfectly at dealers 5 times, once a week basically when 2 weeks old, and there was no fault code on computer!!! 6th time it acted up for dealer and they replaced the dess key knob on dash.. worked till I traded it in on spring order 2014

·
life is short, live long
29,081 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My buddy took his to dealer, they claimed moisture in the start switch was the problem. They had 6 other sleds that saturday that did same thing.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I did not have start issue but first day in Quebec last year guages all over the place dummy lights going on and off and no hand warmers at 30 below. Took it to local dealer in Val Dor and he removed the pod and greased all the connections and it immediately resolved all of the electrical issues.

·
Registered
110 Posts
By the way if ever in Val Dor make sure to stop into Beric Sport local dealer there. Their shop was full but because we were from out of town on limited time they took my sled right in made the repair and charged zero dollars!

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
Were there any ravens around the sleds when this happened?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts