Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior Motor vehicle

"let's see guys... if we take the REV chassis and move the pieces around a little... we've got our new frame."
Too funny!

Smile Product Sleeve Gesture Happy

The front looks like Barney! I knew I had seen that look before!

Attachments

G

·
Yep and Doo a-arms look like Cat a-arms, Doo coupling system looks close enough to infringe on a Polaris patent, Doo Indecision Ski looks close enough to infringe on Simmons patent etc etc....who freaken cares.

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
no bashing intended but doo might have a run for there money even more, the way i see this going down is cat is going to be number 1, doo and yamaha tied for 2nd and 3rd and as usual poo in dead last, now if i could see the 08 models

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Hey Poo, have you actually seen the hp ratings of the new Rotax 800R v.s. the new cat 800??? Compaired weights??? I think not.

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
not everyone cares about weight and hp it what they like, and i like the new cats. and not to bash they dont need a ring job every season and they have some nice standard equipment, like adjustable windsheild, adjustable seat height ect.

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
oh and on the 800r engine, remeber 03 when the had the 800ho sdi with liq cooled crank, remeber all the issues and now a mono block, now if something happens and one side is f'ed up you need a whole new block, no bashing intended

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
poo sucks said:
not everyone cares about weight and hp it what they like, and i like the new cats. and not to bash they dont need a ring job every season and they have some nice standard equipment, like adjustable windsheild, adjustable seat height ect.
[snapback]754907[/snapback]​
They won't need a ring job every season? I didn't know you already drove one of these sleds for a full season to find this information out?

·
Super Moderator
29,495 Posts
poo sucks said:
oh and on the 800r engine, remeber 03 when the had the 800ho sdi with liq cooled crank, remeber all the issues and now a mono block, now if something happens and one side is f'ed up you need a whole new block, no bashing intended
[snapback]754908[/snapback]​
Poo, better gets your facts straight. The old 800SDI did NOT have a cooled base. And to the earlier post about no one caring about weight, just exactly what rock did you just crawl out from under? The new Cat line is VERY weak. They are heavy, the HP numbers aren't that good, and they're ugly - not a good combo to get people flocking to the showroom IMO.

For '07 I'd say Doo still looks strong, Yamaha didn't really drop any big bombs (Phazer is too small to have a big market impact), and the Cat line is about as bad as it's ever been. Poo has some darn nice serious offerings from what we've seen so far. I think Bombis position at #1 is secure for another year. Now lets see what '08 has in store.

·
Registered
11 Posts
poo sucks said:
not everyone cares about weight and hp
All I used to hear the Fcat guys talk about is the power to weight advantage they have over everything and that's all that mattered. Now they all seem to be saying that it's not much of a factor. Anyone else noticing that??

·
Registered
243 Posts
poo sucks said:
Do you know what your talking about buddy? Weight isnt an issue???

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
mxzx446 said:
poo sucks said:

[snapback]755043[/snapback]​
I don't look at the weight of the sled either when I buy because normally it is so close. 10-15 lbs I won't notice. On the other hand if it is 50 lbs, I would notice. If stuck... they are all heavy as hell.

G

·
mxzrider700 said:
poo sucks said:
not everyone cares about weight and hp
All I used to hear the Fcat guys talk about is the power to weight advantage they have over everything and that's all that mattered. Now they all seem to be saying that it's not much of a factor. Anyone else noticing that??
[snapback]755021[/snapback]​
Ya Cat guys sure boasted about how light the Fire Cats are....and then again I can remember rev guy after rev guy pointing out that it's all about how the sled performs in the bumps so who cares if the Rev is a few pounds more than a F Cat or down a few ponies.
As for weight and ponies not being much of a factor....again it is but it isn't. It all depends on the sled. I've been on heavier sleds that just don't feel that heavy. Centralize the mass right and the weight is not as much of a factor. As with the hp.....Cat doesn't need to have more ponies if they can get there guys to calibrate the clutching spot on. IMO BRP sucks at this.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
mxzx446 said:
poo sucks said:

Lets not forget who we are talking to here now, the kid who can't get the camera outta the box.

·
Super Moderator
29,495 Posts
ih302 said:
Lets not forget who we are talking to here now, the kid who can't get the camera outta the box.
[snapback]755121[/snapback]​
or his facts straight...

·
Registered
243 Posts
ih302 said:
mxzx446 said:
poo sucks said:

[snapback]755121[/snapback]​
Oh I know who it is.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts