Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When installing them, does the tapered end go to the front or the rear?
Also when reinstalling the flap, has anyone used bolts instead of rivots?

Thanks for any info.

Shawn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
Pointy end goes in first (at least thats what the instructions say). I am sure it is that way so that the track has a chamfered edge instead of a square edge facing it during rotation. I bolted the flap on with #10 SS screws, large washers and nylock nuts. That was about 200 miles ago but fine so far. It will make service in the future much easier.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
417 Posts
Tapered end to the front...that way it meets up with the front exchanger protector in height. I too used the phillips headed bolts with washers and nylocks with no problems. If you have problems sliding on the tunnel protectors do a search on here and you will find a handy little trick to get them buggers on in no time at all...involves making the tunnel protector hole to behind the snow flap bigger(widen hole on the top side) to give a straight shot at the alligning groves under the tunnel instead of trying to make the protectors bend to slide on which can be very time consuming. Later REV8MN
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
REV8MN said:
Tapered end to the front...that way it meets up with the front exchanger protector in height. I too used the phillips headed bolts with washers and nylocks with no problems. If you have problems sliding on the tunnel protectors do a search on here and you will find a handy little trick to get them buggers on in no time at all...involves making the tunnel protector hole to behind the snow flap bigger(widen hole on the top side) to give a straight shot at the alligning groves under the tunnel instead of trying to make the protectors bend to slide on which can be very time consuming. Later REV8MN

[snapback]282785[/snapback]​
When you put in protectors on a 04 doo you need front protectors.. the dealer just gave me the top ones..??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
417 Posts
I was told by my dealer that if studding a 1.25 up the middle to keep the warrenty I needed to have the front protector as well....it actually cost me less for the complete skidoo 04 tunnel protector kit than compared to just getting the long tunnel protectors ......Is it really needed?...I have been told most likely not but I like to error on the side of caution. You would have to have your track pretty darn loose before having to worry about hitting that front protector the way I see it. Later REV8MN


1CrazyRedneck said:
REV8MN said:
Tapered end to the front...that way it meets up with the front exchanger protector in height. I too used the phillips headed bolts with washers and nylocks with no problems. If you have problems sliding on the tunnel protectors do a search on here and you will find a handy little trick to get them buggers on in no time at all...involves making the tunnel protector hole to behind the snow flap bigger(widen hole on the top side) to give a straight shot at the alligning groves under the tunnel instead of trying to make the protectors bend to slide on which can be very time consuming. Later REV8MN

[snapback]282785[/snapback]​
When you put in protectors on a 04 doo you need front protectors.. the dealer just gave me the top ones..??
[snapback]282906[/snapback]​
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
417 Posts
Bobs600revx, Yes you need to take out the driver assembly to install the front protectors. A little more time consuming but pretty easy to do. REV8MN

Bobs600revx said:
Do you have to drop the track to put the front protectors on ????
[snapback]283284[/snapback]​
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,363 Posts
Take a look at the front exchanger, my renegade came with them already installed from the factory maybe you'll be lucky too!
REV8MN said:
Bobs600revx, Yes you need to take out the driver assembly to install the front protectors. A little more time consuming but pretty easy to do. REV8MN

Bobs600revx said:
Do you have to drop the track to put the front protectors on ????
[snapback]283284[/snapback]​
[snapback]283856[/snapback]​
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
I cked it out, but they are not there. I thought i read before if you got the 04 with the 1.25 track from ski-doo , you didnt have to install the front protectors. Ive been searching the old posts, but havent had any luck finding it.

Thanks Again Bob
 

·
ChiefOgemaw
Joined
·
1,574 Posts
I was up to Wawa, Canada last week and my mud flap fell off. The rivets I had didn't do the job. So I bolted them in with washers. Bolts are the better way to go in my opinion.

I have an 04 with a 1.25" ripsaw w/1.325" studs and just put 1" protectors on, no bulk head protectors required in 04. I have a pic if you send me your e-mail. The pic isn't showing up. Lots of clearance though.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top