Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been wanting to get the plastic tunnel cooler for my ‘21 XRS since I got it last Halloween, but they don’t seem to make it for the 129 any longer. I know there was talk of ordering it under the 600 efi sport sled they made in ‘21? Does anybody know if that is still something that can be done?

Also, anybody who has them on their sleds…do they inhibit the cooling of the water temp on your sled at all/did you notice any increase in running temp with them on your Gen 4, compared to without them?

Any input is welcomed. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Been wanting to get the plastic tunnel cooler for my ‘21 XRS since I got it last Halloween, but they don’t seem to make it for the 129 any longer. I know there was talk of ordering it under the 600 efi sport sled they made in ‘21? Does anybody know if that is still something that can be done?

Also, anybody who has them on their sleds…do they inhibit the cooling of the water temp on your sled at all/did you notice any increase in running temp with them on your Gen 4, compared to without them?

Any input is welcomed. Thanks.
I put one on my mxz last year and there weren’t any negative effects in terms of cooling. If you search, there’s a thread with the proper part number in it

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put one on my mxz last year and there weren’t any negative effects in terms of cooling. If you search, there’s a thread with the proper part number in it
I’ve been looking/searching..I haven’t found anything yet. Anybody have the part number for this particular item by any chance for a129” MXZ? I have punched in a few different key words/phrases, but nothing seems to come up on this that matches for Gen 4 129” plastic rear tunnel cooler cover. Probably me not punching in the right words??

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
511001578 is the number from the old thread. That’s for a 2021 600efi mxz.
There’s only one downside I can see, it might not be an issue for others but it is for me. I have to do several miles of cow path trails if I want to leave from home. Tight wooded trails where the 850 will start running hot. I just can’t let it run hot, so if it hits 160 I will pull over and pack snow on top of the cooler. Within a few minutes the temperature will be down to 130 when I take off again and I’ll get to the good snow without it getting high again. With that plastic cover this method would not work as well.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
511001578 is the number from the old thread. That’s for a 2021 600efi mxz.
There’s only one downside I can see, it might not be an issue for others but it is for me. I have to do several miles of cow path trails if I want to leave from home. Tight wooded trails where the 850 will start running hot. I just can’t let it run hot, so if it hits 160 I will pull over and pack snow on top of the cooler. Within a few minutes the temperature will be down to 130 when I take off again and I’ll get to the good snow without it getting high again. With that plastic cover this method would not work as well.
Thank you Stealth bomber. Appreciate it. I believe that’s the one we need for the 129..I remember it came from the ‘21 MXZ sport.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just bought one. Ski Doo site was acting wonky, so I punched in the part number 511001578 and Found it on Partzilla..genuine ski Doo radiator trim part. $24.12 plus $9.95 shipping. Can’t beat that.

Thanks guys for the part number.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts