Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, here´s another swede finding his way to this brilliant site, I´ve spent my last couple of days browsing Dootalk (girlfriend NOT that happy having me being glued to the computer).
I´m just about to pick up my 05 Gade 800HO X (red graphics) tomorrow which will be my first Doo ever, and I´m really looking forward gettin the chance to ride the rev chassie since everyone seems to love it.
I can imaging it being quite different from my 03 RMK800 I´ve been riding up until now.

I know the topic has been up for many times before, but I hope you can help out with answer for my questions.
I have decided to skip the jerry can (not included in 05 renegade) and therefore want a tunnel bag that also fills the space from were the jerry can is supposed to be seated. Is the two tunnel bags I found on Skidoo.com (280000073 black/yellow, and 520000411 black/silver) the ones you can chose from?
From what I understand the renegade/summit bag is smaller just to be able to fit the jerry can back there? or could that one be expanded or just made bigger in some way like some bags can be?
What is your suggestions? which one should I go for?
It sure as h*ll will be interesting finding out how much dealers will charge for the bags here i sweden

Another Question I got is if I thinking right when I think I will gain more flotation if I decrease ski pressure? I have read about the Precision skis and that the pretty much sucks in the powder, but I planning on waiting byuing Powder Pros until next year since the season is soon over over here.
So for the rest of this season the stock skis will stay on but I still wonder if there´s anything I can do to increase flotation and ability to manuver better in powder?

After have being reading topics with all you gade riders I feel more and more conviced that I have made the right choise buying the 05 gade 800HO X
and that I can do
to my Poo

·
Registered
759 Posts
i bought an aftermarket choko bag , all black so i could move it to my next sled , also the doo colours on their bags dont match the yellow on my gade

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, thx for the tip, does it fit like a SD designed one? or at least somewhat like a SD one? by the way like your idea having it all black.
Can I find these choko bags somewere on the net, don´t know if I can find a dealer here in sweden though...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thx Keyman, found it and you´re right that one is perfect.
I will spend some time tomorrow to find a chokodesign dealer in sweden, could only see US and Canada at that site and it seems like they don´t have a european site.

Do you remember how much you paid for it? could be nice to compare with the SD one that is quite expensive

·
Registered
759 Posts
they distribute through all dealers around the world i am sure some dealer in your area , bike atv snowmobiler carries their product ,

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Cant beat the doo bag for capcity or dryness. It expands and is lined.... no comparison.... fits more then any other tunnel bag I have seen. Plus you can zip it smaller for day to day riding...

I carried a gallon and a half of oil plus cloths for two days... it will pay for itself in money saved on oiul at far away destanations... In Heast Oil was $17 for a quart....ouch

1 - 11 of 11 Posts