Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a tunnel bag for my '09 RS to carry some tools, belt, etc... for the I-500, does anyone make one since the RS tail light is on the seat and the oem one for the xp covers it.

Thanks for any info!!

·
Registered
779 Posts
Looking for a tunnel bag for my '09 RS to carry some tools, belt, etc... for the I-500, does anyone make one since the RS tail light is on the seat and the oem one for the xp covers it.

Thanks for any info!!
I was wondering the same thing and was thinking that the bag would hang over the tunnel but didn't think it would block the tail light.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
RS Tunnel is the same width as trail sleds...The "tail" of the tunnel is abotu same length as well across all the 120''... As long as your tunnel bag is like and 11'' or less long, you will be fine. I would suggest using the HOLZ tunnel rack though, and then throwing whatever you need to carry in that...I am afraid a tunnel bag directly sitting ont eh cooler will inhibit the coolign ablilites of the RS, much like it would on every other sled...

·
Registered
779 Posts
RS Tunnel is the same width as trail sleds...The "tail" of the tunnel is abotu same length as well across all the 120''... As long as your tunnel bag is like and 11'' or less long, you will be fine. I would suggest using the HOLZ tunnel rack though, and then throwing whatever you need to carry in that...I am afraid a tunnel bag directly sitting ont eh cooler will inhibit the coolign ablilites of the RS, much like it would on every other sled...
I know I measured the rear of the tunnel the other night for you but for some reason it doesn't look like the oem bag will fit back there. It must be because of the extra plastic for the flap that makes it look like it won't work. I'll end up rigging something up for this season..

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
kYLE,

Oh yes. However, if you just get the flexible ylong bag, should be no issues? However I can not speak for it as I have never had my hands on a tunel bag for the XP.

Might be better off with the tank bag? Have some rpetty slick ones out there...

·
Registered
779 Posts
I was thinking of the nylon oem bag or the saddle bags which look pretty slick. Before you know my RS will be a normal trai touring sled HA HA.. It would be nice to have a place to put my ratio rite and some tools just in case..

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I was thinking of the nylon oem bag or the saddle bags which look pretty slick. Before you know my RS will be a normal trai touring sled HA HA.. It would be nice to have a place to put my ratio rite and some tools just in case..
Inddeed...Thats why my boss seat is so nice
Plenty of room.

·
Registered
240 Posts
The saddle bags look like the ticket. Does the seat hold them on?
the tunnel bag has a strap that lays under the seat. there are snaps that come with it that you can rivet to the tunnel but i dont use them. the gas can is a skidoo xp jerry can, sits on the included plastic mount.

·
Registered
779 Posts
the tunnel bag has a strap that lays under the seat. there are snaps that come with it that you can rivet to the tunnel but i dont use them. the gas can is a skidoo xp jerry can, sits on the included plastic mount.
The bags don't get in the way of your feet moving around? I'm always switching feet position depending on trail conditions...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Or a backpack would work. Im thinking about the klim Nac Pack

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I use the HMK pack, works awesome but can wear it at the I-500

Cat makes a slick on for the Sno Pro and I even looked at running that but they have more room behind the seat so it won't work either

Might just run a tool pack (like a fanny pack) for the 500 and just mount a couple belt clips to the tunnel for extra belts. Dyrdahl had 3 belts mounted with clips on his RS & I'm starting to realize why.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts