Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a pair of 2000 700 Summits with 151 finger tracks. I purchased them from the same individual so I got the history on them. Mind you I was heavy into snowmobiling from the mid 90's to about 08' when I sold my Rev. I need to do some tuning on the one I ride because the one my boy rides just eats it alive. I know the one I ride is lower geared but even out of the hole it just doesn't pull that hard. It has an Arctic Cat secondary on it but I am not sure what helix or spring it should have for that sled. We ride from about 4000ft up to 8000ft. I cannot find a lot of information on where to start this tuning process. I talked to the local Doo dealer and even tried to look up some references from the days of old when I was heavy into it. What I have found is most look at me like I am working on a the first Ski-doo built or they are out of business. I didn't think 16 years was that long ago. Any information or direction would be appreciated.

·
Sled nut
2,912 Posts
How the heck do you have a cat secondary on a zx chassis ? The shaft is splined. But in my 583 I used a yellow cat spring cranked to around 18lbs

Sent from my HTC One S

·
Sled nut
2,912 Posts
On my cat roller secondary

Sent from my HTC One S

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not sure. That is how it was when I bought it. I knew that people had done it, but I have no idea if it can or cant do it on a zx chassis sled. I will try to post a picture later. I have never used a cat clutch on any of my Doo's in the past. My rev had a Team secondary on it so like I said I am completely unfamiliar with this set up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So what Arctic Cat mountain sled could I use to reference how my driven clutch should be set up to perform best with the Ski doo? Mainly just for a starting point.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts