Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I looked for a thread on this, but did not see one, but, I also have been know to look for my gloves while I am wearing them, so.....

Anyway, pretty low mileage, very clean 2011 Tundra LT here, which I bought new. To date it has been trouble free except for the reverse handle breaking off in year 1. The other day, it would no longer "lock" in reverse. It will shift into reverse, but you have to hold it in place with one hand, and squeeze the throttle with the other hand to use it. Really not that practical.

The linkage all appears to be tight, no worn out pieces that I can see. It feels like it just needs to travel that last 1/4 inch to lock in place.

Any thought, links, advice, similar issues, recipes etc?

Thanks

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hi there,

I looked for a thread on this, but did not see one, but, I also have been know to look for my gloves while I am wearing them, so.....

Anyway, pretty low mileage, very clean 2011 Tundra LT here, which I bought new. To date it has been trouble free except for the reverse handle breaking off in year 1. The other day, it would no longer "lock" in reverse. It will shift into reverse, but you have to hold it in place with one hand, and squeeze the throttle with the other hand to use it. Really not that practical.

The linkage all appears to be tight, no worn out pieces that I can see. It feels like it just needs to travel that last 1/4 inch to lock in place.

Any thought, links, advice, similar issues, recipes etc?

Thanks
Sounds like the linkage rod needs to be adjusted to allow for the lever to "throw" to locked?

Reactions: LabradorBoy

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will check that out, thanks. Its just a bit cold right now, so I need to get in back in the shop.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Take a look at the allen head screw that holds the arm that rocks back and forth attached to the chaincase cover, may have backed out.
That was the problem. The screw backed out enough to actually prevent the linkage from travelling far enough. I could actually tighten the screw enough with my finger to solve the shifting problem. It looks like they use red loctite on it? I'm not sure, but I plan on using some blue loctite on it tomorrow after it is all thawed out, and tighten it down properly with an allan wrench.

Thanks for the help folks!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
The 600 ace shifter is on a cam much like that on a compound bow in archery. If the if the shifter rods and or linkages are loose and can't push to cam passed it's pivot point it won't move forward and lock.

Even on yamaha sled its does not take much in looseness in the linkages to mess with the transmission.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts