Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My baby is only a week old. I followed the break-in procedure. When I was done that I hooked up my sled and off I went to my trapline. I am in love with it. Now to get to the point....My carbs were set to -20 by the dealership, Thing is, normal temperatures hover from -22 to -33 or colder.

We experience -20 in the fall and early spring other than that its its tree popping weather. I live in a remote fly-in community so taking it in is out of the question. I talked to the North West Company Manager and he tells me its ok. BUT...reading the manual its says that Ill damage my engine in time. What should I do...........HELP ME...I LOVE HER!!!!!

·
Registered
630 Posts
For just the occasional cold spell, I wouldn't worry about rejeting. No one I know has had issues and have run them down to -38 with factory jetting. If you drive a lot in temps below -20 then I would still rejet though

·
Registered
82 Posts
When I had mine the best thing I did was to reject for -40 and add the Holtzman tempaflow. Ran much nicer across the whole temperature range from warm to cold.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Sleds are always jetted on the safe side. The margin is there from new to avoid burn downs during the warranty period. An air cooled (fan) equipped sled is set up quite fat. Unless you are holding it wide open, 10 miles at a time at -30C you need not worry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts