Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tully, Bear Swamp, Otisco, Labrador and Togenburg ski areas???

Any snow?

Trail conditions?

Thanks.

·
Registered
528 Posts
not much to report really, not enough really to ride, no base at all hardly,a bunch of us from around navarino/otisco were headed to tug hill friday, we're thinking otherwise now...this sucks.

·
D17
644 Posts
I AM IN SYRACUSE, I GOT POUNDED YESTERDAY AND LAST NITE. i plan on heading out locally near skaneateles/marcellus, then trying to head towards, tully/song mt. (are they still open?) i will let you know sunday. but i think we got enuf.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I'm in Livepool, got about 6 inches. Just wondering if they got more at the southern end of Otisco and Skaneateles lakes.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'll give you a break down, I've been riding everyday this week

Auburn (Pizza Hut) - OK, couple rocks

Powerline (Rolling Wheels) - Decent

Erie Canal - Beat up, not worth riding unless you need to connect trails

Cato - We went to sutters hill yesterday, all ice. Fields not good

Skaneatlas - Ok, except for a couple plowed fields

Jacks Reef. OK

Weedsport VIA Canal - Deff. Not, many rocks, stuff like that

We plan on trying to go out towards marcellus tommarow (Friday)

Dont forget: Weedsport Winter Wanderers Vintage Sled Show This Sunday on RT. 5, On Corridor Trail 5. Owen's Orchard. www.weedsportwinterwanderers.com

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm looking for reports further south. South end of Skanateles, Bear Swamp, Lake Como, Song Mountain, etc.....

·
Registered
217 Posts
I rode there last February. Trails are nice and lots of mtns and open fields to open it up in. Not sure about snow there now though. Buddy and me were goin to eat at the Colonial Inn at Bear Swamp but ended up eating at Song Mtn as it was President's day and the Inn was closed

·
D17
644 Posts
good to see some locals on here!!!
i will be wondering down them parts saturday.
I ussually leave from my parents on the east side of owasco lake, head around t othe west side which ussually have good groomed trails towards moravia. we stop in the betty blue there, best chicken wings, then go east towards skaneateles, ussually get lost around there but we try t oeither head towards marcellus or lake cuomo. prolly try to go to lake cuomo.

if you see my sled on the trails or at a stop give me a shout. its the sled in the advatar just all black not decals. ill be riding with about 3 zx's and 3 revs.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Sparks said:
Nobody rides Tully to Lake Como, etc ??????
[snapback]276993[/snapback]​
hey im in homer and ride tully,song,cortland,bear swamp,tog.... we got dumped on the other night, there is probablt around 12" but there isnt really a base the fields are nice, and seasonal roads are nice, but the corn firleds were pretty rough the other night when i was out.. and yes song is still open, i suggest riding over to lab thats a nice ride over to there. im going out tonight ill report what i find if you want

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Big problem behind Pizza Hut in Auburn, as of Saturday night looks like the creek has backed up, big swampy area foot deep, sleds keeping it open.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sparks said:
Big problem behind Pizza Hut in Auburn, as of Saturday night looks like the creek has backed up, big swampy area foot deep, sleds keeping it open.
[snapback]279717[/snapback]​
Was that you on the GSX on Saturday Night about 7pm or so? Did you see my beat GSX with the yellow 'Dootalk.com' stickers on the hood?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Sparks said:
I was at Lake Como around 7pm. Got back to Pizza Hut around 10:30.
[snapback]281039[/snapback]​
Trails around Cortland are great right now. Rode Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights. They had the groomer out from Route 41A to Denny's Mountainview on trail C5A. South of 41A toward Cortland had not been groomed, but TONS of powder to play in! I suspect they have groomed since then. Come on down, all kinds of snow to ride on. I'm riding Saturday out of south Cortland. I posted a thread in the "rides" forum if you're interested. Might be a solo ride, but I'm definately riding.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts