Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weather channels said Tug was supposed to get up to a foot today and into tomorrow. Any truth to this??? Was thinkin possibly coming up this weekend, but idk how the trails will fair with the possible warm up on wed and thurs plus all the traffic. I guess it will be a last minute decision based on the reports...

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Rode 162 miles yesterday, some of the trails were excellent, WFOT, others looked more like a sno-cross track. The coridor trails were in pretty good shape, the secondary routes seemed to be the worst. When I got back to my truck at the end of the day there was about 5" of new snow on it. I am out again Wednesday.

·
Registered
10 Posts
doo52 said:
Well guys need some reports asap, just to get an idea for the weekend. Thanks....
[snapback]716424[/snapback]​
Just got back from the hill stayed at the tow path it snowed from yesterday am into today I rode in till 430 am fresh tracks every wear best conditions i have seen in a wile flat rock got a foot of fresh snow lower areas less .Sunday night the trails were decent before the snow most grooming i have seen in a wile on the hill a little rough neer the sportsman groomer broke but they said it will be fixed by wendsday.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Smithers, hope you enjoyed the Towpath, if we go up thats where we will be staying. The new owners are friends of ours, they did a hell of a job with the place. Hopefully the guys going up today can get some reports back soon...

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Three of us rode 130 miles yesterday, most of the trails were in GREAT shape. Flat Rock rd, C5 to Barnes, #9, North Rd, and RR bed were excellent. However, ALL of the plowed roads were bare pavement by the end of the day and most of the heavily used trails to the south were slush with bare ground everywhere. With 50 deg temps yesterday and more of the same today (with Rain???) we need some snow FAST.
Mark

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the heads up guys. Glad I didnt plan on going up due to the warm weather, trails are going to be shot as lower areas wont be acessable. Oh well, long range forecast shows cold so hopefully the darn lake effect will fire up again.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Myself and a few others went to Constableville on Wednesday morning. Initially the trails were very good shape. A little bumpy with little trafiic. Around noon it started getting very warm (50's) and the snow virtually disappeared.

By the end of the day there is not much snow left on the lower trails and they were in very bad shape. We were riding on bare ground and in mud in some locations. Not much fun. My recommendation, stay off of the hill until a significant snow fall occurs.

We ended up riding 135 miles but couldn't wait to get back to the truck.

Enjoy

1 - 20 of 22 Posts