Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to the Hill on Friday from NE PA. Will be traveling north on 81. Looking for the best place and fastest place to park, unload, and ride from. Redfield, Florence, Osceola, Barnes Corners? Let me know what you Tug Hillers think. Thanks.

G

·
Barnes Corners by Tuggers probably would be your fastest drop point..... You also could take 12 out of Bing. and go up through Booneville to 12D and drop @ Hightmarket...?

·
MTM follower
2,592 Posts
I usually get off 81 in Pulaski and head over to Redfield.

2 hours 15 minutes from the 17/81 junction in Binghamton.

·
Registered
223 Posts
cArNaGe said:
I usually get off 81 in Pulaski and head over to Redfield.

2 hours 15 minutes from the 17/81 junction in Binghamton.
[snapback]741008[/snapback]​
Last weekend I went up 81 to 69 to 183 to 17 into Redfield. That is around 25 miles I don't know how long it took me (roads were pretty snowy, so longer than on clean roads). I have never gone up to Barns Corners (by car) but milage wise it is probably about the same.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How long does it take from Binghamton to get to Barnes Corners?

We want to get to the fastest place possible to drop but with decent snow amounts too. Was thinking about the Redfield Reservoir, Tuggers, or Osceola/Florence area.

I live on the NY/PA border between Elmira and Binghamton, NY.

·
Snowtard
2,587 Posts
Friday??
Good luck, it will be mobbed. Try Constabilville, rt 26, the Nice n Easy store/gas station. There is room for 100 trucks & trailers. Its the only place I ever park and it's the gateway to the hill!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Skooby-Doo said:
Going to the Hill on Friday from NE PA. Will be traveling north on 81. Looking for the best place and fastest place to park, unload, and ride from. Redfield, Florence, Osceola, Barnes Corners? Let me know what you Tug Hillers think. Thanks.
[snapback]740492[/snapback]​
Dude, I PM'ed you. Have fun!

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Bumplover said:
Friday??
Good luck, it will be mobbed. Try Constabilville, rt 26, the Nice n Easy store/gas station. There is room for 100 trucks & trailers. Its the only place I ever park and it's the gateway to the hill!!
[snapback]741924[/snapback]​
Bump, You mean the Quick n EZ right?.

·
Snowtard
2,587 Posts
Opps,,,,,

Yes Quick n EZ
Thankx

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Unloaded at Tuggers in B.C. Friday morning. Went past Flat Rock, Timberview on our way to Turin. Trails were nice until Turin. Fields were fun, but roads were bumpy. Went back towards Highmarket and Sportsmans enroute to Cedar Pines for lunch. Camp 2 wasn't bad. A lot of traffic in these areas so after lunch at the Pines we headed to Osceola to get out of the traffic. Trails in this area were real nice. Headed towards West Leyden then up to Barrows. Next we headed to Tabolts Corners via the North South road which was really buuummmpppy! Almost lost it once. Trails were starting to get beat up as it was almost 3:30 pm, so we decided to do some more field riding. Headed from Tabolts Corners to the Maples enroute to Copenhagen. The fields and road trails were nice all the way back to Barnes Corners. We were at 156 miles at this point with a goal of 175 so we headed south again. Trails were now getting beat but we found some trails near Barnes Corners that were not used much and in great shape. C57 I believe to 7 & 9 road, back to Culpepper to Salmon River. Not bad. Then back to B.C. Total mileage = 183! SWEET!

THANKS TO ALL AGAIN FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS.

·
Advanced......dat's how ah roll.
1,950 Posts
I live in Choconut too. I always unload at Montague. I'm going up Wednedday. Think there is plenty of snow, or is it borderline?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts