Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to go up to Tug Hill Saturday. Does anyone think it will be worth going up at all? Or should I save my sled. I haven't rode in a month. My local snowfall has sucked this year. Only 250 miles this year. Worst ever. I have alway gotten at least 1200 every year. So I would love to get some riding in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
803 Posts
bmr7c said:
Want to go up to Tug Hill Saturday. Does anyone think it will be worth going up at all? Or should I save my sled. I haven't rode in a month. My local snowfall has sucked this year. Only 250 miles this year. Worst ever. I have alway gotten at least 1200 every year. So I would love to get some riding in.
[snapback]317414[/snapback]​
early early early
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
It looks like Tug Hill is going to get some lake effect snow today and this weekend. I have never been to the Hill and was thinking about going this weekend. If they do get a decent snow, and it being President's Day weekend, I'll bet it will be pretty crowded. Being new to the sport, does a crowded weekend help or hurt someone who wants to do some family 2up riding?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MISH DOO said:
It looks like Tug Hill is going to get some lake effect snow today and this weekend. I have never been to the Hill and was thinking about going this weekend. If they do get a decent snow, and it being President's Day weekend, I'll bet it will be pretty crowded. Being new to the sport, does a crowded weekend help or hurt someone who wants to do some family 2up riding?
[snapback]317626[/snapback]​
If you want to go up with the family I highly recommend either 1)Go up during the week or 2)Get there early in the morning and leaving in the afternoon; like around 2 or 3PM. Because it gets crowded as the day goes on and the trail get beat up. I usually get there about 7AM and pack up and leave around 4PM. By then the ride back to the trailers is so brutal that all you want to do is go home. But it should'nt be too bad now because of the lack of snow. Not enough for those 3-4' mogules. But just keep in mind that it is Presidents Day weekend so every wacko is more than likely going up for the weekend too.
I am thinking about going up Saturday but I will get there about 6 or 7AM myself to avoid the lunatics. I am not saying it's that bad as far as dangerous riders. I have never had a problem in the 7 years I have been going. But NY hasn't had a lot of snow so people are gung ho. Have fun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
bmr7c said:
MISH DOO said:
It looks like Tug Hill is going to get some lake effect snow today and this weekend. I have never been to the Hill and was thinking about going this weekend. If they do get a decent snow, and it being President's Day weekend, I'll bet it will be pretty crowded. Being new to the sport, does a crowded weekend help or hurt someone who wants to do some family 2up riding?
[snapback]317626[/snapback]​
If you want to go up with the family I highly recommend either 1)Go up during the week or 2)Get there early in the morning and leaving in the afternoon; like around 2 or 3PM. Because it gets crowded as the day goes on and the trail get beat up. I usually get there about 7AM and pack up and leave around 4PM. By then the ride back to the trailers is so brutal that all you want to do is go home. But it should'nt be too bad now because of the lack of snow. Not enough for those 3-4' mogules. But just keep in mind that it is Presidents Day weekend so every wacko is more than likely going up for the weekend too.
I am thinking about going up Saturday but I will get there about 6 or 7AM myself to avoid the lunatics. I am not saying it's that bad as far as dangerous riders. I have never had a problem in the 7 years I have been going. But NY hasn't had a lot of snow so people are gung ho. Have fun.
[snapback]317662[/snapback]​
I'll probably get to Binghamton Saturday (have relatives there) and then head to the Hill early Sunday morning. Can you recommend a place to park the truck and trailer? Looking to do a 40 - 60 mile loop. First time riding with the wife. I don't think she is up for a few hundred miles.
Thanks.
 

·
Elite Member
Joined
·
845 Posts
Definatly go early. With the previous lack of snow, and holiday weekend combination it is sure to be a mad house. Big moguls and tons of traffic is going to be the norm Sat and Sun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,210 Posts
MISH DOO said:
bmr7c said:
MISH DOO said:
It looks like Tug Hill is going to get some lake effect snow today and this weekend. I have never been to the Hill and was thinking about going this weekend. If they do get a decent snow, and it being President's Day weekend, I'll bet it will be pretty crowded. Being new to the sport, does a crowded weekend help or hurt someone who wants to do some family 2up riding?
[snapback]317626[/snapback]​
If you want to go up with the family I highly recommend either 1)Go up during the week or 2)Get there early in the morning and leaving in the afternoon; like around 2 or 3PM. Because it gets crowded as the day goes on and the trail get beat up. I usually get there about 7AM and pack up and leave around 4PM. By then the ride back to the trailers is so brutal that all you want to do is go home. But it should'nt be too bad now because of the lack of snow. Not enough for those 3-4' mogules. But just keep in mind that it is Presidents Day weekend so every wacko is more than likely going up for the weekend too.
I am thinking about going up Saturday but I will get there about 6 or 7AM myself to avoid the lunatics. I am not saying it's that bad as far as dangerous riders. I have never had a problem in the 7 years I have been going. But NY hasn't had a lot of snow so people are gung ho. Have fun.
[snapback]317662[/snapback]​
I'll probably get to Binghamton Saturday (have relatives there) and then head to the Hill early Sunday morning. Can you recommend a place to park the truck and trailer? Looking to do a 40 - 60 mile loop. First time riding with the wife. I don't think she is up for a few hundred miles.
Thanks.
[snapback]317697[/snapback]​
Park at Louise's or Tuggers right in Barnes Corners. Easy ride to Montegue or Timberview, Highmarket easy loop anywhere from 30 -80 miles
 

·
D17
Joined
·
644 Posts
i would get a map, well worth the $$$. and you can plan your own route. there are many options to doin a loop. just pick one out and enjoy. but def. go early.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
bigrevrider said:
WOW just checked out the webcam the hill is getting some good snow
[snapback]318569[/snapback]​
Rode the hill yesterday. Probably the best riding yet this year. Hardpacked groomed trails and no barespots. There are already many sleds coming into the area. Probably a very busy weekend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think I am going to bite the bullet and go on up. Hope to get there around 7am. Hope the trails are good, because I am so anal about my sled and riding on edit for bad language" trails. They are to expensive to ruin and put parts on but I guess thats part of the sport.
I plan on staying on the hill because I have a feeling there will be a lot of bare spots off the hill due to traffic and the gusting wind today.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top