Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm headed over to my dads camp in Osceola Friday after work to ride with him for the weekend, I can't wait! We've been trying to do this for about a month now. Does anyone have information on conditions riding out of that particular area? What areas/towns have the best riding? I've been reading that some places got quite a bit more snow than others. I've never been to Tug Hill so I don't really know what to expect, besides a million people this weekend, so I've heard. Can anyone suggest some good places to stop for dinner or drinks in the Osceola area? I'm sure we can get a trail map when we get there but I just wanted a little heads up to see what some of you guys think before we head out. Also I was wondering if you can register your sled in NY on the weekend or does this have to be done today or tomorrow in order to ride this weekend.
If anyone has ridden both Tug and the Pittsburg NH area give me a comparison!
Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Can't really help you with the Osceola conditions as we didn't go down that way yesterday, but if your going ride Tug Hill, make sure your paper work is in order. We hit a stop yesterday afternoon on Salmon River rd. I thought I was ok, until he said my insurance card was expired. Sleds insured, but I never put the new card in my wallet. Got a ticket for it

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RevmanII said:
Can't really help you with the Osceola conditions as we didn't go down that way yesterday, but if your going ride Tug Hill, make sure your paper work is in order. We hit a stop yesterday afternoon on Salmon River rd. I thought I was ok, until he said my insurance card was expired. Sleds insured, but I never put the new card in my wallet. Got a ticket for it
[snapback]706929[/snapback]​
That sucks.
I have insurance, I'll be sure to bring my card. I downloaded all the info and applications for NY registration and darn they want a lot of crap! What's the deal?!

Is Osceola considered the southern part of Tug Hill?

·
Dootalk = college student's study time
4,213 Posts
DooNH said:
RevmanII said:
[snapback]706929[/snapback]​
That sucks.
I have insurance, I'll be sure to bring my card. I downloaded all the info and applications for NY registration and darn they want a lot of crap! What's the deal?!

Is Osceola considered the southern part of Tug Hill?
[snapback]706959[/snapback]​
it kinda is, not really the top of the hill though....

Ryan

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
We rode from the top of tug hill down (south) to osceola yesterday. The trails south of Barrows Performance were a bit on the thin side but smooth and alot less traffic. We are getting some lake effect snow now and hopefully it will continue for a few days. We did 160 miles yesterday and overall it was OK, good in the AM and beat in the PM as usual. Traffic on the hill is going to be ridiculously busy this weekend, be very careful. Remember, what base that was left is ice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.