Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a great story from yesterday. Two young Montague area residents did me an amazing favor yesterday.

I got the sled stuck on deep single track a good couple of hours before dark. At sundown I gave up and I had to walk out 4-miles to a road with little sled and no car traffic. These two guys offered to go get my sled for no money, even though I offered it!

One of them left me with his expensive sled running, to keep my hands warm! I didn't know these two young twenty somethings at all!

15-min.'s later out they come with my sled! And they then bought me a warm drink at the nearest warm place, the Montague Inn. These two "locals" love sledding and the out of town visitors. I hate to see all the bashing of locals on the sledding forums. Things like "dumb hillbillies", "they hates us", "they only want our money", ect.

These two saved my dumb 50-year old butt and retrieved my sled, at night, no less. And wouldn't take a thing for it.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I hear you. I got my truck dug out and towed out by two guys in a town of webb snowplow 3 yrs ago in a remote spot by Big Moose near Old Forge. I was sunk otherwise. They also sanded the crap out of the road for me. (2 wheel drive).

·
Dootalk = college student's study time
4,213 Posts
That is great to hear. At tug hill I had a guy pull me out of a ditch with his tractor. No cost wouldn't take anything for it. The people up there rock....

Ryan

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
04MXZ_X_600HO said:
Never had anyone be nothing but NICE up there... the Montague is a great place to get a warm or COLD one.!!!

[snapback]707257[/snapback]​
I don't have a story to tell (lucky so far)
Just wanted to say thanks for letting the rest of us know what GREAT people they are up on the hill. Ive only rode there 3 times but had a good time evey visit. And I'm driving up from VA or I'd be on the Hill more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts