Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, not looking good for later this week. Looks like the next 10 days or so will be shot, and looking to the end of Feb not much better. This winter absolutely sucks!!!!! All the people at the office today are like "Ohh it's so beautiful outside"..... Suck it... We need snow, if you dont like the cold weather and snow move south, we live in the northeast for crying out loud.

Sorry, had to vent......

·
Administrator - East Coast Tony
900T XRS
55,386 Posts
Yep......this winter is down right depressing! :sad_old:

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Rode the last two weekends for my first rides of the season. 500 miles total. that's it and I live so close to Tug Hill. Mother Nature and work getting in the way

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
It's groundhog day and I'm predicting 10 more months of grumpy sledders.

Winter is my favorite time of year and we've been robbed! :angry_old:

Cheapest gas in a long time and I've made no NY trips this year. Makes a huge difference when I tow 6+ hours each way.

·
Super Moderator
29,368 Posts
I don't want to say its over, but...

·
E-Tec Rules
33,597 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I don't want to say its over, but...
It's not over. It can't be over. Please don't be over. We can stuff that groundhog! I'm holding on to hope for an EPIC 2nd half of February!

Bluto: What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? He** no!

Otter: [to Boon] Germans?

Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.

Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...

[thinks hard of something to say]

Bluto: The tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

[Bluto runs out, alone; then returns]

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Don't give up all hope Guy's.

Looked on Accuweather this afternoon, they are talking about a possible Nor'easter for next Monday/Tuesday. As long as the rain gets done and gets cold for a few days to build a base, may be in decent shape for next weekend.

·
Super Moderator
29,368 Posts
It's not over. It can't be over. Please don't be over. We can stuff that groundhog! I'm holding on to hope for an EPIC 2nd half of February!

Bluto: What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? He** no!
Otter: [to Boon] Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...
[thinks hard of something to say]
Bluto: The tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!
[Bluto runs out, alone; then returns]
Great scene for sure.

Its probably not all the way over, but darn, it will be mid-February before things get decent - IF WE'RE LUCKY.

Looking forward to the SNIRT Ride!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Don't give up all hope Guy's.

Looked on Accuweather this afternoon, they are talking about a possible Nor'easter for next Monday/Tuesday. As long as the rain gets done and gets cold for a few days to build a base, may be in decent shape for next weekend.
SSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

·
Ford hater
19,992 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,368 Posts
Yup...just checked the latest; they're looking at snow next Monday & Tuesday, unfortunately its above freezing every day before that hits. And the even longer range isn't looking too good either. :(

·
Super Moderator
29,368 Posts
Then again, I just checked a few trail cams, its not ALL gone yet. We'll see...

·
Super Moderator
1,110 Posts
what a season this year has been. Keeping my fingers crossed for more lake effect snow this month. It will stink if the base disappears.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
how did things hold up today? is the base still there? Is the snow gone on top of the hill also? Thanks
I guess if you consider a dirt road with mud a base..... Yep, they would be looking pretty good.

Trails all over the hill are shot. They had over 1/2" of rain on top of the warm weather from the weekend. It's gonna take a lot to get this train back on the tracks.

https://m.facebook.com/168587606564769/photos/pcb.1071448346278686/1071448059612048/?type=3&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.turinridgeriders.com%2F

Glad I have a Maine trip booked in 3 weeks, only got to ride 4 weekends so far this season.

Time will tell, but it will take some serious cold and a lot of snow to build it back up.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Where are you riding in Maine? I am looking for a spot this weekend.
We have a cabin rented in Greenville. Planning to make day trips out of there and head towards Millinocket one day, then out to the west another day. Planning to hit the trains, and the B52 crash site as well. There are a few posts with "have to see" areas in the Maine forum. A lot of good resources and info in that forum as well.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts