Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the wife's new 2016 TS Skis with their 4" carbides they come stock with need replacement.

What have people tried thus far with the new TS Skis as far as carbides?

Do the Shaper Bars fit?

I'll be going on line to see what fits these new skis but was hoping to see what people have tried and liked!

Thanks,

Crash

·
SkiDoo Guru
19,320 Posts
only 2 options the stk. ones and the so called 7" ones from brp that are only 6" .the longer ones are alot better than the stk, ones .we do need to figure out how to shim these skis as the runners do wear uneven . :wink_old:

·
SkiDoo Guru
19,320 Posts
i've got 1700 miles on my longer ones .the short 90 degree ones are useless .you need 60 degree :wink_old:

·
Registered
922 Posts
I called Bergstrom skegs and they have a shim kit specifically for the TS skis. Mine arrived yesterday and I'll be putting them on today. My carbides were worn in the front after only 273 miles. I've shimmed my other sleds too and it makes a huge difference as far as wear with pilot skis.

·
SkiDoo Guru
19,320 Posts
I called Bergstrom skegs and they have a shim kit specifically for the TS skis. Mine arrived yesterday and I'll be putting them on today. My carbides were worn in the front after only 273 miles. I've shimmed my other sleds too and it makes a huge difference as far as wear with pilot skis.
nice guy there ,have 2 sets on the way . :wink_old:

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She has 750 miles on her sled. I'll be calling Bergstrom's today for the shim kit and unfortunately ordering the longer Ski Doo carbides....sure would be nice to be able to use some other carbides!

·
Registered
922 Posts
She has 750 miles on her sled. I'll be calling Bergstrom's today for the shim kit and unfortunately ordering the longer Ski Doo carbides....sure would be nice to be able to use some other carbides!
For that reason I'm leaning towards a set of C&A's with shapers for next season. Have a friend who will get them at Avery good discount for me. Beats $120 for new doo carbides. I'd rather spend a little more on something I know works.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
These skis are too far out of balance front to rear for 3/8 shims to work. Still are wearing prematurely on front of keel and wearbar. Bad design IMHO. Refer to my post under TS ski review under 900 ACE section

·
Registered
364 Posts
I was out on my 16 gade X with studs down the middle and the stock carbide on my TS skis. I am by far not a expert but my sled really pushes straight when I try to turn. I dialed down the carbides more and it helped a bit, I added some preload to the the rear too. Am I doing things right? Also should I get the 7" carbides? I think they will help but I dont want to waste money. I read a lot about shimming! I dont know nothing about that but is that something I need to do also?

On a side note my studs have chewed the [email protected] out of my snowflap when in reverse! Is that common? Anything I should doo about it? Like trim it or cut out the shredded section?

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
Bummer about the short life of the TS carbides... I just turned over 8,000mi. on the original set of bergstrom triple points on my 1200.. They are just about done but still have a little life left. Not good conditions the last two years either.

·
old ski-dool
3,313 Posts
Doo now offers the 7 inch blades in a 1\4 inch deeper design along with the original 4 and 7 inch units.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I can not find them either. Please see if you can find them and post the link when you can.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,938 Posts

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Not even messing with it. Decided to go to a crossover ski anyways for better floatation. The 5.7's aren't as good in deep snow. Thinking of selling the TS skis and spindles. Just made a listing in the for sale forums.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts