Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really interested in getting my porting done with him... He told me its good for 8 hp and doesn't lose bottom end like some others do! Anybody that has his porting speak up! Worth it?

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Yes/No Dave has just finished up my trail porting and head mod. I have no field time for you yet. Sorry, will have running time in Nov hopefully???

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Got talkin to big john decided to go with mcb dual ring pistons and his porting!!seems like a really good guy to deal with!
i have bin trying to decide on pistons for 6 months .i now just went with spx dual ring pistons.dont know how they will last but will find out.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Lost the top end of my 700 or should I say my son did. I talked with Big John and decided to go with Doo's 670 dual ring pistons. He sent my cylinders out for replating honing and he checked everything himself when it came back. Big John answered more than my share of questions...he is a walking book of knowledge, and one of the nicest business people I have done business with...
R from Blaine,Mn

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Got talkin to big john decided to go with mcb dual ring pistons and his porting!!seems like a really good guy to deal with!
You will be very happy with SHR porting. His porting is in the top three for clean finished perfect work!!!

Reactions: zxmodv

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Can't go wrong with BJ. He's always trying to find ways to improve even the older motors. I stopped by his shop this summer and he showed me an update to his intake porting for the 840. He didn't even charge me to do it!!!! WTH kind of customer service is that???????

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Who's the top three?
LOL. I thought you may ask that question.

The top three port jobs i have seen (but i have not seen them all) are Bender Racing, SLP and Sled Head Racing. The port height is accurate and polished clean, no stone or burn marks anywhere. Real nice finished clean port.

I have not seen the Trygstad work yet.

I have recently seen, Bikeman Performance porting, it was very nice as well. Good luck Ski-B.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
LOL. I thought you may ask that question.

The top three port jobs i have seen (but i have not seen them all) are Bender Racing, SLP and Sled Head Racing. The port height is accurate and polished clean, no stone or burn marks anywhere. Real nice finished clean port.

I have not seen the Trygstad work yet.

I have recently seen, Bikeman Performance porting, it was very nice as well. Good luck Ski-B.
you get your mono block back from trygstad yet.??? hows it look do i need to buy the 880 from T.L lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts