Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Well i spoke with my dealer/mechanic this weekend and asked why i am having problems with hitting my 7800 or 7900rpm's on a consistant bases and he said I should either put stronger spring in or put the stock clutch back in.

It is set at 6 on primary and I believe 7 on the secondary. Its almost maxed out. I am also running a 1.5 paddle with an 03 800.

What gives and what do you suggest?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
folgers said:
i have 2 for you
1 did you buy the kit from cudney
2 if you did why are you not asking bill about this problem?
[snapback]291633[/snapback]​
2 for ya

Yes
and like to hear it from the end user not the guy that sells it

Get the real low down then, feild tested and true results. Ive had this problem since the begining and cant get it right. Maybee I need diff weights or something.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Contact Bill, He WILL NOT feed you a line of BS. I put in one of his kits earlyier this year and the setup he suggested was spot on!

·
Premium Member
11,990 Posts
rag24 said:
folgers said:
i have 2 for you
1 did you buy the kit from cudney
2 if you did why are you not asking bill about this problem?
[snapback]291633[/snapback]​
2 for ya

Yes
and like to hear it from the end user not the guy that sells it
Get the real low down then, feild tested and true results. Ive had this problem since the begining and cant get it right. Maybee I need diff weights or something.
[snapback]291638[/snapback]​
Ask Bill, hes already made the sale, what do you think hes going to do feed you lies? You've thrown alot of variables in the mix,
geared
1.5" rip saw track
mbrp can
Jetted
Needle adjustment

2 of these rob power, 1 effects the clutches ratio.

I suspect you need a calibration adjustment.
who better to help than the guy who deals with that clutch kit every day.

You wouldnt buy a BMW and ask you local John Deere dealer for repair advice would you?

·
Registered
427 Posts
If you put a larger top gear on you won't get the RPM's. I have a 03 800 7c with a mild port job, reeds and a couple other nic nacs, Bill told me to go with 19+ grams of weight which was right on. I then geared up to a 24 from 23, and couldn't pull the rpms. I then went down to 17+ grams on my clutch with clickers on 4 and my rpms were right at 7900.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think im going back to a stock can after some things Ive hear in here, should help. I also think i do need to go down in weight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts