Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have noticed since day one that my '05 stock Renegade with precision skis is very hard to handle on clear ice. If I am crossing a lake where there is ice with no snow it's like taking life into your own hands. I feel very uncomfortable even at slow speeds. If I drive straight on a frozen lake or ice-covered plowed road it's very difficult to drive in a straight line like other Ski-Doos I have owned. The feeling is like there is no control when you are on ice and you are just waiting for an abrupt input from the skis that sends you off course, almost as I am along for the ride. I would feel very nervous to pass another Ski-Doo on a narrow road where as it was never an issue before. If there is some snow on the ice, things are fine. Is there something that I can do to fix this or is it just another fault of the precision skis?? When the skis make an input it transfers most of the weight to the outside of the turn, then that ski grabs and inputs an opposite turn cause the weight to transfer yet again. Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
541 Posts
Bruiser said:
Hi guys,

I have noticed since day one that my '05 stock Renegade with precision skis is very hard to handle on clear ice. If I am crossing a lake where there is ice with no snow it's like taking life into your own hands. I feel very uncomfortable even at slow speeds. If I drive straight on a frozen lake or ice-covered plowed road it's very difficult to drive in a straight line like other Ski-Doos I have owned. The feeling is like there is no control when you are on ice and you are just waiting for an abrupt input from the skis that sends you off course, almost as I am along for the ride. I would feel very nervous to pass another Ski-Doo on a narrow road where as it was never an issue before. If there is some snow on the ice, things are fine. Is there something that I can do to fix this or is it just another fault of the precision skis?? When the skis make an input it transfers most of the weight to the outside of the turn, then that ski grabs and inputs an opposite turn cause the weight to transfer yet again. Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks
[snapback]295967[/snapback]​
you can shim the ski under the back of the saddle.. or like some are doing...a lot more costly. buy a set of flex skis from BRP and install the woodys doolys and O-DARTING!! they work awessome. doo a search and you will find lots of info on them in here.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I hear you Bruiser, one of the reasons I switched to the Flex Ski. Try a 1/4"shim under the rear of each rubber saddle block. This will take some weight off the front of the ski getting the tips up in the air and should help with darting. There has been a lot of threads on this lately....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts