Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anything to watch out for on a 97 mach 1? the guys askin 1200 and i offered him 8 cash. i was thinkin of goin to a 136" adrenaline or renegade, but if this ol gal is in decent shape...lol may be time for another trippple haha

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
About the only thing that I hear mainly about is if the extra hole has been drilled in the top of the case to get oil to the outer bearing on the crank.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
anything to watch out for on a 97 mach 1? the guys askin 1200 and i offered him 8 cash. i was thinkin of goin to a 136" adrenaline or renegade, but if this ol gal is in decent shape...lol may be time for another trippple haha
Get a adrenaline roller and put the 97 power plant into it. Then you have the best of both worlds.

G

·
my next trail sled will NOT!!! be a triple..but i will have a triple in the stable till there aint no parts left out there to keep it alive...imo get what you can afford and enjoy the living heck out of your time on the snow...there will always be someone with a newer. nicer. and faster sled... price sound good..ive got a 97 mach z for sale with my 809 out of my ck3 chassis. i want $1800...for it . hey..do you still have that ck3 yellow clutch cover??? i was thinking about it the other day.ERIC

Attachments

G

·
my next trail sled will NOT!!! be a triple..but i will have a triple in the stable till there aint no parts left out there to keep it alive...imo get what you can afford and enjoy the living heck out of your time on the snow...there will always be someone with a newer. nicer. and faster sled... price sound good..ive got a 97 mach z for sale with my 809 out of my ck3 chassis. i want $1800...for it .
good deal!!!!!!!!! ive raced against that motor

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
my next trail sled will NOT!!! be a triple..but i will have a triple in the stable till there aint no parts left out there to keep it alive...imo get what you can afford and enjoy the living heck out of your time on the snow...there will always be someone with a newer. nicer. and faster sled... price sound good..ive got a 97 mach z for sale with my 809 out of my ck3 chassis. i want $1800...for it . hey..do you still have that ck3 yellow clutch cover??? i was thinking about it the other day.ERIC
i like your thinking snow is short make sure what you got is reliable and go have fun

·
Mach Z club
2,383 Posts
anything to watch out for on a 97 mach 1?
Yea me on my 98 Z

You know you wont be happy until you buy another tripple, so you know what to do

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
IMO Save a few more $$$ and spring for a ZX or REV 136".

·
Registered
6,219 Posts
Dont even go there!

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Get a adrenaline roller and put the 97 power plant into it. Then you have the best of both worlds.
You should have bought my 136" triple rev and fixed the crank.... could have had it all... lol

I'd just buy a 1200 triple (4tec)and get rid of the oil smell, and have some fuel mileage and reliability...

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sorry man all my tripple stuff went to a guy back home before i moved across the friggin country,

ya maybe goin to a zx might be a better place to start.... gets pretty cold out here i guess, reliablility might be an issue to avoid freezin to death lol... guess it got to -50 or somethin last winter... im in lloydminster, saskatchewan by the way now guys..

·
Registered
6,475 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I've gotta ask, why the 97 power plant? Simply because of the electronics, or was there something special about the 97 engine?
The only thing that makes it special is the TRIPPPLE........
I have a "Twin" chassis with a triple in it, And I really like it.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Gottcha...was looking more at the engine portion of that statement vs the chassis....

My triple REV has a 97 engine in it, which is why it caught my interest.

G

·
So you won then!
all 3 of my stock.pos secondary buttons were broke..and i didnt know why the heck i was having belt issues....yes he won then...old yeller does not like to lose a drag race. and works very hard to stay in front of his buddies in the radar run drag race department.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts