Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, im just wonderin about this, i have a 2003 mxz 550f. i was wonderin is if u can turn a single pipe snowmobile into a triple by just modding the exhaust. if u can do this (which i doubt) can u tell me how to do it. if i cant do it, can u explain why i can't?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm sorry bro, but what you have there is a twin cylinder sled. So, the most you could do with it is twin pipes. And, I don't think twin pipes are made for a Doo 550 fanner. Ride her stock, it's all good. By the way, sound laws are getting more and more strict, so keeping stock exhaust is just about the best thing you can do anyway.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea thats tru, sound laws in VT for me. a lot of places restrictin the dB's. i woulda tried to make twins for it, well not me, but one of my good friends can make some sweet pipes. but thanks anyways

anyone else got opinions please list

·
Good at wrecking stuff.
5,634 Posts
i was wonderin is if u can turn a single pipe snowmobile into a triple by just modding the exhaust. if i cant do it, can u explain why i can't?
You can stick 16,000 feet of 4130 chromoly tubing and a can of Miracle Grow under the hood and you won't gain another cylinder.

The best way to ruin that 550 fan engine is to start modifying it. Its efficent and reliable... why turn it into a finnicky POS that won't last?

·
Registered
255 Posts
That was one of the most insane questions I've ever heard. Ride'er and Enjoy, my friend. You don't want to be like those Cat guys, all bark and no bite.. Well, not bark exactly, not sure what noise they make.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts