Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After dyno testing my crankshop triple pipes... I found they need really high rpm,not what I want or can get with a stock rer box.... 809 engine now... need a trail machine...

So... I got "edit for bad language"... not gonna spend another 1200 for crankshop trail 809 pipes....

Then I relocated the stering column and put the single pipe setup in... had to alter the pipe a little bit and converted it to have a stinger on the end,then into a stock appearing rev muffler.... factory shields still fit and a lot more room out front....

Now to dyno and see if it makes any power...

·
Registered
804 Posts
After dyno testing my crankshop triple pipes... I found they need really high rpm,not what I want or can get with a stock rer box.... 809 engine now... need a trail machine...

So... I got "edit for bad language"... not gonna spend another 1200 for crankshop trail 809 pipes....

Then I relocated the stering column and put the single pipe setup in... had to alter the pipe a little bit and converted it to have a stinger on the end,then into a stock appearing rev muffler.... factory shields still fit and a lot more room out front....

Now to dyno and see if it makes any power...
Show us pictures!!

·
Registered
6,219 Posts
Cant wait to see the results! The real test will be in the real world.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cant wait to see the results! The real test will be in the real world.
Hey Mikadoo.... When I took the shields off my old pipe to "massage" it... I found a 5" crack on both top and bottom... maybe you should have a peek?

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
once mine started cracking there was no stoppin it.... fixed one crack then another would start somewhere else, she may be time for a newer pipe?

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
Call mike at CPI for a set of triple REV pipes. Much less than Jaws or CrankShop pipes!

Although the idea of a single for a trail sled in the tight twisties does sound good.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Call mike at CPI for a set of triple REV pipes. Much less than Jaws or CrankShop pipes!

Although the idea of a single for a trail sled in the tight twisties does sound good.
I like putting in the pink/white or pink/ pink spring for those ocasitions.
Makes it a little sneaky sometimes when you hook up when your next expecting it to.
I have seen my self hanging on for everything, with one hand barely.........
More than once even lol.

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
I like putting in the pink/white or pink/ pink spring for those ocasitions.
Makes it a little sneaky sometimes when you hook up when your next expecting it to.
I have seen my self hanging on for everything, with one hand barely.........
More than once even lol.
The old Pink/Pink with 280's?

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The old Pink/Pink with 280's?
I had the stock ,mach triples,and psi triples all on my old F3... hated the single then,poor throttle response compared to the Psi... Machs were almost as fast,about a gram and a half less... but you have to clutch alot different for torque than HP,and doo didn't do that ...
Gonna see what the dynomite says...

Maluchm... Pm me with cpi's info and rough price.... the law likes stock around here though...

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I had the stock ,mach triples,and psi triples all on my old F3... hated the single then,poor throttle response compared to the Psi... Machs were almost as fast,about a gram and a half less... but you have to clutch alot different for torque than HP,and doo didn't do that ...
Gonna see what the dynomite says...

Maluchm... Pm me with cpi's info and rough price.... the law likes stock around here though...
The "Law" isnt fast enough around here....Rofl!!!!!! Special thanks goes to DNE and Jaws.lol
Ok all jokes aside, Maybe try a set of dynoport pipes, You dont need any programing, Rpm's a little higher than stock, Make good power.
I did have a set on my old 98. Wasnt to much louder then stock until you get on it.
I couldnt get mine to crank out 120's on the gun, I only had V-force, and a milled head, with MCB shim kit.
But Andy670ho in this forum has a Mach z with Dynoport pipes that runs 124 on the gun.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Need to remember that this is a rev chassis with a triple 809. Pipes from the CK3's won't fit.

I like the Single pipe idea, keeps us informed and show some pics.

·
Registered
6,219 Posts
Hey Mikadoo.... When I took the shields off my old pipe to "massage" it... I found a 5" crack on both top and bottom... maybe you should have a peek?
Hope not, that pipe only has maybe 3000 miles on it.
Dang, maybe I should stock pile on single pipes

Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out when the temp drops below 125F out in the shed.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
The "Law" isnt fast enough around here....Rofl!!!!!! Special thanks goes to DNE and Jaws.lol
Ok all jokes aside, Maybe try a set of dynoport pipes, You dont need any programing, Rpm's a little higher than stock, Make good power.
I did have a set on my old 98. Wasnt to much louder then stock until you get on it.
I couldnt get mine to crank out 120's on the gun, I only had V-force, and a milled head, with MCB shim kit.
But Andy670ho in this forum has a Mach z with Dynoport pipes that runs 124 on the gun.
This was in 2000 measured feet from a dead stop. The sled would run the speedo well past 130 on a roll on our "special" road. Everything I have is for sale and all in excellent to new shape. Someone must need some go fast parts!

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
Also just bought a new set of CPI pipes... will dyno them too...
Sweet...Did you get them yet??? Can I go pick up my triple REV from CPI?

Please post the dyno numbers after you are done tweaking the pipes.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sweet...Did you get them yet??? Can I go pick up my triple REV from CPI?

Please post the dyno numbers after you are done tweaking the pipes.
They were supposed to be shipped last week... haven't seen them yet...

If you leave it there long enough,I might get him to build a set for 1000cc's... lol

I sent him a couple emails about port timing and horsepower,but he didn't respond... (?)

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
They were supposed to be shipped last week... haven't seen them yet...

If you leave it there long enough,I might get him to build a set for 1000cc's... lol

I sent him a couple emails about port timing and horsepower,but he didn't respond... (?)
I'll call Mike tomorrow and get back to you.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts