Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, i am rebuilding a 700 tripple for a friend and i am not sure of how to remove the pistons from the rods. (This is my first time tyring my skill at a snowmobile.) I have removed the retaining clips from the pistons and cannot get the wrist pins to come out. They look like they maybe be a press fit. I can move them a little but do not want to force them. I must need a special tool of which I dont no have. also i would need the torque specs for the cylinders and the head. if anyone has this info or could direct me in the direction of another forum or site where this info can be found that would be much appreciated. I have lots of experience with rebuilding mopars but skidoos have me scrathin' my noggin. Love to learn.
thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
you will need a wrist pin puller, if you don`t have one heat the piston with a heat gun or propane torch and the pin will come out .not sure on the torque specs.

·
Registered
41 Posts
z#3 said:
you will need a wrist pin puller, if you don`t have one heat the piston with a heat gun or propane torch and the pin will come out .not sure on the torque specs.
[snapback]702053[/snapback]​
Cylinder base is 29Nm, cylinder head is 30 Nm. Convert newton meters to in/lbs is easier, like 260 and 270 I think were the figures. I'm not sure of the 700s but the 800s have uncaged needle bearings in the rods. Have many shop rags in the case area should you fumble and lose them. I used a small socket to hold the bearings in while I removed the pin...the socket followed the pin out stopped in the rod to hold needles in place. Make sense?

·
Registered
6,219 Posts
First procedure is to get a repair manual, not kidding......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts