Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning a trip for the western U.P. (4 Day). There will be two of us. Trip dates Jan 11 - Sat thru Tuesday Jan 14

Day 1: Start at Whitefish Point (Paradise Mi) to Ishpeming

Day 2: Leave Ishpeming to Lake of The Clouds - Gas stops and nice hotel

Day 3: Leave Lake of The Clouds to Mt Arvon to Ishpeming - Gas stops

Day 4: Leave Ishpeming to Whitefish Point

Need locations to stay and gas stops along the way, starting at Ishpeming.

I cannot remember the hotel that has a brewery right across the street in Ishpeming - great hotel.

Nice place to stay near Lake of The Clouds and gas.

Thank You

Bob

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Distance from Ishpeming to Lake of the Clouds?

Bob

·
Registered
756 Posts
Silver city(closet town to lake of the clouds) has a hotel there. I believe it’s an American Inn. White Pine has places to stay at the Konteka and they have gas ⛽ here. Both places serve food.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Magnuson Country Inn is in that area of Ishpeming. Trail 8 is just down the street. Have a grocery store right next door with a gas station to fill up at, then continue west about a mile to pick up Trail 8. If you miss it...there's a Yamaha dealer across the street from the trailhead...trail 8 goes right behind it.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Paradise to Ishpeming is right around 200 miles.

Ishpeming to LOTC is 140.

We've done this trip several times, but we start in Newberry. If you can squeeze in an extra day, the ride to Copper Harbor and back to LOTC is awesome. Another 200 miles.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Everyone has given great information so far.

In the past I have used the website groomedtrail.com to help me plan my trips. It has a feature where you can pick the trails that you want to ride.

There are several different routes you could take to LOTC from Ishpeming. All of them have different amenities and/or advantages or disadvantages.

Which ever way you choose I don't think you can go wrong. It is a beautiful area.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts