Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the wonderful sledding weather this year, I had the opp, and took it, to run power out to my sled shed. Main reason is for lights. Second reason if for long term battery maintenance. I just put a brand new battery in my sled, 2 other sleds in the shed are electric start. So if it was your sled, would you keep it on a battery tender? If not, why not? I don't, nor do my riding buddies, want issues from dead, or dying batteries, and want the best battery life for my sled. What is your favorite, go to battery tender? thanks for any and all help.

·
E-Tec Rules
33,598 Posts
Battery Tender Plus here in summer 1-2 times hook tender up, still have original battery in a 2004 sled.

Reactions: Old Papa Smurf

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
A definite yay!, but get a tender, not a trickle charger. Be sure yoyu go for the automatic one that only charges when needed. I think most are 1.5 amp versions. A trickle charger will continuously charge, even when unnecessary and that can be bad. Put the included pigtail directly on your battery and leave it hang out where it's accessible without opening panels and life will be good. All my opinion of course. It's worked for me on all my seasonal stuff with batteries

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I use tenders on all of my batteries during the off season. I hook them up for a couple of days each month and then a few days before putting the vehicle back into service. Motorcycle, ATV, Boat, Car, 2 sleds , and a lawnmower. This method has worked great for me, I haven't replaced a battery yet other than my 2006 car. ATV is an 08, mower an 07.

Reactions: Saluda

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I also use a tender on my sled's and lawn tractor during the off season i will throw it on a couple times over the summer or winter depending which season, haven't needed a battery in the past 4 year's on anything since i bought it.

·
Stay to the right, in your lane and slow down.
1,526 Posts
Delran Battery Tender Plus (I have four of them) depending on how many batteries you need to keep charged (I have several) order some extra ring terminal adapters then is easy to simply move the Battery Tenders around to different batteries or machines.

http://www.batterytender.com/

·
Registered
875 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool, I've never owned one, and did not want to get anything that would lead to more troubles than fixes.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Like already said, the ATV and boat batteries are on the trickler in the winter (down in the cellar) and the sled in the summer. I have a bank of 4 chargers and put them on a timer so they get an hour a day. Sometimes I am gone working for a year or so, and with this setup haven't had a problem. Learned my lesson when my motorcycle battery froze up on my 30 years ago.

·
E-Tec Rules
33,598 Posts
Cool, I've never owned one, and did not want to get anything that would lead to more troubles than fixes.
. You did not need to run power out there lol. They even make battery is endear one that runs off of a solar panel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I use tenders on all of my batteries during the off season. I hook them up for a couple of days each month and then a few days before putting the vehicle back into service. Motorcycle, ATV, Boat, Car, 2 sleds , and a lawnmower. This method has worked great for me, I haven't replaced a battery yet other than my 2006 car. ATV is an 08, mower an 07.
This

·
Super Moderator
9,641 Posts
Nocco Genius 0.75a Smart Charger/Tender. Have it on sled batteries during the summer and boat batteries during the winter.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
If I'm not going to use something like the wife's GT mustang I unhook the battery no goofing around with chargers I have no time.

·
Premium Member
8,429 Posts
When using the battery tender jr's, do you leave the batteries in the sleds over the summer while the tender jr is hooked up??

·
Administrator - East Coast Tony
900T XRS
55,409 Posts
Always on a tender.

Sled

quad

Sons quad

mower

generator

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I keep straying to the 2.75 amp unit, don't know why, go big or go home with everything.....

treeman, wish I would have remembered you did trees, I could use a p up truck load of wood, but headed north in the am.

·
Administrator - East Coast Tony
900T XRS
55,409 Posts
I keep straying to the 2.75 amp unit, don't know why, go big or go home with everything.....

treeman, wish I would have remembered you did trees, I could use a p up truck load of wood, but headed north in the am.
I'm an electrician by trade and play with trees for fun, when there is no snow of course.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts