Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im going to try adding a ski-doo gas can on the back of my 05 440
the plan is to use a 06 summit x seat back part and use a adrenaline rear
rack that way ill be moveing the tail light from the seat to the back of the rack

im not sure if ill like. it but you have to try it to see what it well look like.
ill be posting pic for those of you that want to see how it turns out.

ill be starting this on wednesday

here is what ill be starting with

Attachments

·
Mod'n is my thing
6,288 Posts
Unfortunately the Summit seat plastic is not the same shape to fit your seat. I think it would work with some trimming.
PM SkidooSteve as he was going to attempt the same thing.

The Summit seat for 06 X sleds is slightly different than the race one.

The 07 X sled gets the new summit seat with the same little tail light as the Summit so that setup will work.

·
Registered
491 Posts
teammetz said:
well im going to try adding a ski-doo gas can on the back of my 05 440
the plan is to use a 06 summit x seat back part and use a adrenaline rear
rack that way ill be moveing the tail light from the seat to the back of the rack

im not sure if ill like. it but you have to try it to see what it well look like.
ill be posting pic for those of you that want to see how it turns out.

ill be starting this on wednesday

here is what ill be starting with
[snapback]726804[/snapback]​
I put the tourbuddy 4 gal tank on my 03 5000 miles ago ,just removed it two weeks ago. used a 03 consumer seat and the plastic trim for a trunk and the luggage rack thing w/taillite in rear of it. so had trunk which is good and gas tank with 4 gals or 2 1/2 gals. is what I always put in it for easy mixture and then never had to be asking to stop any earlier then the worst mpg sled. Last year or this year never used because of tempaflow got me to the 90-95 mile range which proved to be good enough, so removed it two weeks ago. but it worked good always drained first so no hassle at all. Had to mount luggage thing back a couple inches so tank would clear rear hoses and taillite was pretty much flush w /rear bumper but it still blended in good in front of tank could not see hoses. was a little on ugly side but I'm a little old to worry about that.

·
Flyin Fox Daddy X3
31,302 Posts
teammetz said:
rev*baron i tryed to PM him but it told me thier is no menber by the name of SkidooSteve

but there is a SkidooSteve12 is that him
[snapback]728397[/snapback]​
Yup that's me.
I have the seat plastic for the 06 Summit X and it does need to be cut alot to fit, or attempt to fit it to my 04 440X seat. My chassis is an 03 chassis so the mounting tabs on it will be different from your 05, and mine need to be relocated. Right now I'm okay with how the seat looks with a jerry can tucked up behind it. I have an LED tail light on my rack, so the brake light has already been moved. This summer I might swap seats again, possibly a BOSS or an 06 Summit X seat, so I have just left the plastic piece off for now.

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts