Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

· Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moosehead Riders (Greenville) has a FB post saying trails are closed because of trees down from the storm. How's it looking in other areas? I don't know how a mess gets cleaned up this time of year. Many thanks to all who pitch in.

· Registered
2023 MXZ XRS & 2015 GSX 900Ace
1,550 Posts
Based on the posts from different clubs across the county, sound like all are reporting trees down on trails and low snow conditions. I saw Fort Kent posted that they have less than 8” of snow in the woods and less in the fields, not to mention it’s rock hard. Guessing it will be at least another week or so before decent riding. Looking like some snow coming this week, but not much. Warm up next weekend, then back to cold. I’m thinking it will be 1/7 or later before things get kicking good.

· Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry to hear your ride was ruined fz. I'm trying to keep a positive attitude, the weather is due to flip next week. I'm playing it by ear, looking to head up around the 13th.

· Registered
1,050 Posts

· Registered
1,418 Posts
:cautious:

· Registered
2023 MXZ XRS & 2015 GSX 900Ace
1,550 Posts
What the heck do you do with it? Drive down the trail some till there is an opening that you can pull it into? Seems like a track hoe with a thumb would work better, but guessing it would take too long to track the machine to where the tree is at. Be nice to find an old log truck with a loader for clearing this crap out of the trails.

· Registered
1,050 Posts
Yeah, we pulled it until there was an opening. We could have cut it up, and just pushed off to the side....but I think someone is planning to come back for it in the spring, and turn it into building lumber....and cutting it up would've been more work (and a waste of wood). It moved easy enough, so we didn't bother limbing it either.

Someone brought their 3 series, with a grappler on the front. Made quick work of pushing the piles of small stuff, or cut up pieces of larger stuff.

Put in nearly 9 hours that day. There was a lot to clean up, and still a bit more to go.

Probably should have said it earlier....the video is not mine....shot by one of the other guys on the crew.

· Registered
1,050 Posts
But it would have been more motivational.....I would've went for a rip afterward if there was enough snow to blow 4' drifts:D

· Registered
371 Posts
Thanks for your hard work so us southerners can enjoy the trail system.
Anyone know if Boondocks will be reopening?

· Registered
1,050 Posts
Boondocks' website says they're open. It might be best to call and ask them.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts