Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
doughnut boy
10,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a 3 place enclosed trailer Floe. Its 14' under the shell can a person fit 3 sleds with 137 track inside. 2 forwards 1 backwards

Thanks

·
Xrs_800
888 Posts
It will be close. I helped a buddy put 2 129s facing forward and a 120 backed in between on a 12ft clam shell. It was a stupid idea. The trailer towed like crap with one sled loaded over the rear. His explorer did not handle it well. 55mph was his max speed due to sway. We were within gvwr of the trailer and tow vehicle. Just something to keep in mind

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
It will be close. I helped a buddy put 2 129s facing forward and a 120 backed in between on a 12ft clam shell. It was a stupid idea. The trailer towed like crap with one sled loaded over the rear. His explorer did not handle it well. 55mph was his max speed due to sway. We were within gvwr of the trailer and tow vehicle. Just something to keep in mind
If you're ever in that situation, throw some ballast up front. 6-8 cinder blocks, home gym weights in a milk crate, etc. will move c/g and increase the tongue weight substantially. Especially if you were driving a long distance.

·
Flyin Fox Daddy X3
31,302 Posts
If you're ever in that situation, throw some ballast up front. 6-8 cinder blocks, home gym weights in a milk crate, etc. will move c/g and increase the tongue weight substantially. Especially if you were driving a long distance.
That's kind of why I left my spare tire or tires loose so that I could move them around in the trailer where they are needed. And I had a small 2 ton floor jack in a carrying case and a milk crate with jugs of oil and Sea Foam that I could move around for ballast. Even a 5 gallon gas can that was spare safety gas.

·
doughnut boy
10,367 Posts
Go bigger. Makes life easier!
Some people got all the answers !

Yes going bigger does make life easier but I don't see the need to when 2 of the guys I ride with got 4 place trailers already. I found a 3 place I want because I think it would suit me better and it will fit better in the shed with out leaving one of my vehicles sit outside.

But that wasn't the question I asked.

I asked if I could fit 3- 137 tracks in a 3 place under a 14' shell if you missed that part

·
Registered
344 Posts
Well I’ve seen three sleds on a sled deck. 2 forward and 1 backwards. I’d imagine it’s possible.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts