Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently added another sled to my stable for next year and i just bought a trailer a few weeks ago that will haul 2 sleds no problem but not 3 and i dont wanna buy another trailer, I was wondering has anyone had experince with a lift inside the trailer kinda like a stacker in a car trailer. I was thinking about getting a 8 foot loading ramp and just welding in some posts and just have the sled sitting on the ramp with the other 2 underneth would that work? or are those ramps just made for quick loading and unloading not substained weight? any input with be great thanks

·
It's all in reading the parts before you run t
1,694 Posts
How tall is the trailer? It is possible to build a 4 post lift, but that usually requires a very tall trailer. You are on the right track with the angle. If you had 2 fixed points towards the front of the trailer (holding the front of the ramp), then you could have a latch that holds the back of the ramp up as the sleds drive under, then lower it down and you could fit one if not two more at an angle. If you get what i mean.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How tall is the trailer? It is possible to build a 4 post lift, but that usually requires a very tall trailer. You are on the right track with the angle. If you had 2 fixed points towards the front of the trailer (holding the front of the ramp), then you could have a latch that holds the back of the ramp up as the sleds drive under, then lower it down and you could fit one if not two more at an angle. If you get what i mean.
ya thats what i was thinking just wondering if anyone done it on here just to ask a few questions the trailer height it 6ft 2 the height of the windshield on the sleds are 4ft 3 and my xp is just a bit lower trailer axles shouldnt be a problem the trailer rating is 4500 pounds

·
Registered
827 Posts
ya thats what i was thinking just wondering if anyone done it on here just to ask a few questions the trailer height it 6ft 2 the height of the windshield on the sleds are 4ft 3 and my xp is just a bit lower trailer axles shouldnt be a problem the trailer rating is 4500 pounds
With the trailer at 6' than the sleds have to be less than 3'

It does not sound like it is possible with your current set up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts