Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Mod Smut
4,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a new sled, and came across a 2005 Summit 600 144". I was wondering, how well do they handle on trails? Are they comfortable? Most trails around here are not hard packed, it's mostly loose snow and in many cases fresh powder.

I'm looking at a summit for the extra storage in the back, as well as in general having a long track. Up in Vermont there's usually a ton of powder, I don't want to get stuck and these machines look quite amazing!

·
Registered
108 Posts
They are really nice the long track is a smoother ride the only bad thing is that on summits have a narrower ski stance but not to bad I got use to it

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Your coming off an 02 ZX? You will think you dies and went to heaven.

A doo a lot of trail riding with the 07 800 Summit 144, never had an issue, rides fair to good, 3600 miles and original Hifax.

Go for it

·
Mod Smut
4,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your coming off an 02 ZX? You will think you dies and went to heaven.

A doo a lot of trail riding with the 07 800 Summit 144, never had an issue, rides fair to good, 3600 miles and original Hifax.

Go for it
I just recently (yesterday morning) got the ZX and didn't like it much at all. Ran it on the trail all day and didn't enjoy it. Suspension was too hard, clutches needed to be replaced, track was much more worn than I thought after trying to run in some fresh packed snow, and in powder it was quite a fail.

And let's not mention how it doesn't like to idle from being forced to premix at 40:1, and the carbs needing to be redone.

I want something with a long track, agile, cheap, and something that is solid.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Running premix won't cause an idle issue. Lots of people including myself run 32:1, idles perfect
Sounds like it needs some work though!!

·
Mod Smut
4,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Running premix won't cause an idle issue. Lots of people including myself run 32:1, idles perfect Sounds like it needs some work though!!
My issue was that it was simply running too much oil for an idle, SeaDoo did the same thing.

My only problem right now with the Summit is trying to knock the price down a fair bit. :(

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I rode my new summit x 154 on the trails this past weekend for the first time, just to get some break in miles on.... I was used to the cornering on the gade so at first i was like oh man, its gonna be a long slow day..

A few hrs into it I cranked up the front shocks as tight as they would go to help stop some of the leaningness in the corners, it helped out alot... All my buds that were on trail sleds were surprised i was pretty much staying up with them, the tight corners is when u really have to slow down. Its doesnt corner on rails but when i would hit the strights, with this track, it would hook so sweet..

·
Flyin Fox Daddy X3
31,302 Posts
I had a 05 REV Summit 600HO 144 previously and I did quite a bit of trail riding with the family and kids on it and it was just fine. Even did a 500 miles backpack weekend trip with it and it was just fine. I added ice scratchers for when the trails were hard packed or icy to keep the engine cool and hyfax from burning up. I'd think the price range should be like $3600-3900 on a clean used 05 Summit 600HO.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts