Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can i trail ride with no idler wheels on the outside of the skid? Only the 2 wheels inside on the rear of the skid & the 2 on the top by the tunnel, just want some info if I should add the 2 wheels at the back of the skid on the outside? I understand on this 600rs they pull the outside wheels off for more leaning capabilities in turns but on trails can i run that way just fine? Won’t burn up my hyfax any different? :unsure:

·
Ford hater
21,262 Posts
Can i trail ride with no idler wheels on the outside of the skid? Only the 2 wheels inside on the rear of the skid & the 2 on the top by the tunnel, just want some info if I should add the 2 wheels at the back of the skid on the outside? I understand on this 600rs they pull the outside wheels off for more leaning capabilities in turns but on trails can i run that way just fine? Won’t burn up my hyfax any different? :unsure:
You can do it, all the mountain sleds don’t have an outside wheel. You can add in inside ones if you choose, sliders should be ok long as you stay in good/deep snow, start running hard pack or low snow and you’ll smoke em in no time. I smoked my sliders on my 19 bc 850 I had after running for about 10 miles on low snow. A few sets of wheels makes a huge difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Daag44

·
Premium Member
29,395 Posts
You can do it, all the mountain sleds don’t have an outside wheel. You can add in inside ones if you choose, sliders should be ok long as you stay in good/deep snow, start running hard pack or low snow and you’ll smoke em in no time. I smoked my sliders on my 19 bc 850 I had after running for about 10 miles on low snow. A few sets of wheels makes a huge difference

X2

·
Registered
91 Plus, 93 Mach 1 and 97 Mach Z.
1,639 Posts
For several years, the Lynx Rave had a "mountain / snocross style" rear wheel axle with only two rear wheels between the rails. Compared to rear wheels outside the rails, it's a small give and take between agility and stability.

Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Ford hater
21,262 Posts
For several years, the Lynx Rave had a "mountain / snocross style" rear wheel axle with only two rear wheels between the rails. Compared to rear wheels outside the rails, it's a small give and take between agility and stability.

View attachment 1976118
That’s the same setup my 2015 backcountry has for wheels, and I got 3000 miles out of the stock sliders, and still could have done another 1000-1500, I only swapped them being I had the skid out to do the shocks

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
I have ran for several years and many thousands of miles with only 2 rear wheels and no issues. All trail ridding!

Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts