Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Folks: I read a recent thread where it was advised to carry a spare Oil Pressure Sensor for the 600 Ace / 900 Ace. I already carry a set of plugs and the wrenches. A few days ago, I was on the trail and another person on the ride lost a boggy wheel bolt / nut. He quickly recovered the wheel, but not the bolt and nut. When I got home, I went though my bolt stash and have added one each of a range of bolts and nuts to cover most of the sled. Along with the thread on the oil pressure sensor, got to thinking, what else am I missing.

Here is my list so far.

Spare Oil Pressure Sensor

Set of Plugs

Fuel Filter

Starter

Bailing wire, 4 ft.

Tail Light Bulb

A bag of bolts and nuts.

A spare upper boggy wheel - for long trips, based on what I found on the higher mileage sleds.

A good hand saw and shovel.

A "Come-a-long" or winch.

A hand full of zip ties.

An "Israeli battle dressing" to stop serous bleeding.

Tie Down Straps / Tow Rope...

The obvious spare drive belt...

Edited.. Added the following based on the input below..

Starter Relay

40 Amp Main Fuse (Bigger and not included in the fuse block)

Fuse Block style relay

I have the tools covered. Getting ready for a 5 or 6 day trip.

What else is on folks list of "never leave home without one"?

Thanks for all the support and shared experience!!

_Jack

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Lake: A bit of both. I've been running abandoned logging trails, and days traveling on the groomed stuff. Looking at the Cross Michigan UP run in a few weeks. And hoping to make a portion of the Cross Canada trail next year.

_Jack

·
Registered
353 Posts
You got a lot. I would say far more than you need. Just go out and enjoy your machine and don't spoil you trip worrying about a break down. They are very dependable.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Take relays for your machine, on a recent trip we had 2 machines with with bad relay for the headlights. At 7000 kms and 12000kms, so they can go anytime.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Agree on relays as I've been seeing that come up often on posts here. Would be interresting to find out if there is a more reliable brand of relay to buy so this becomes more of a non issue.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tundra and LakeEffect. Good catch on the relays. Not much money, easy to swap out, and small. :- )

_Jack

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was sent a message to include a 40 Amp Wide Main Fuse in the Trail Bag. There are no spares this size in the fuse block. But it was pointed out that they knew of no one who had blown one. Both my sleds have mechanical reverse, so no need for the reverse relay. The starter relay was $18 USD (Included shipping) for a new but off brand version from Amz. Plan on adding a fuse block relay as well.

:)

_Jack

1 - 8 of 8 Posts