Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
DooTalk Goldcard Holder
15,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any body been there recently? Is there enough snow to go all the way around? Anybody have any addresses to any sites that have trail conditions in that area in English?

Thanx

·
DooTalk Goldcard Holder
15,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anybody at all??? Leaving Saturday wondering what we have in store for there or should we make other plans. Help!!

·
DooTalk Goldcard Holder
15,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Made it to Mt St louis last year befor we had to turn back. We werent going to be able to make it all the way around any way because they were trailering on the south side because of lack of snow. lost 1.5 days to breakdowns(my old poo) and weather. Looking forward to making it all the way this year. Hopefully no breakdowns this year just got my 05 GTX LTD on Saturday and tried it for the first time in Me. Mon & Tues and love it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Big Dog D said:
Any body been there recently? Is there enough snow to go all the way around? Anybody have any addresses to any sites that have trail conditions in that area in English?

Thanx
[snapback]287917[/snapback]​
We were on the Gaspe for 3 days last week. We started at Campbellton, N.B. which is located just across the river from Quebec. We went east on trail 5 to New Richmond, then north, I believe on trail 569 to Mont St. Pierre, then back on Trail 5 west to Mont Joli and south back to Campbellton. There was very little snow in the Mont Joli area. I would recommend that you avoid that area. The rest of the trip was great. We didnot travel to the Perce or Gaspe areas, however I heard that it was good. Hope this helps you.

·
DooTalk Goldcard Holder
15,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lionelahier said:
Big Dog D said:

Thanx
We were on the Gaspe for 3 days last week. We started at Campbellton, N.B. which is located just across the river from Quebec. We went east on trail 5 to New Richmond, then north, I believe on trail 569 to Mont St. Pierre, then back on Trail 5 west to Mont Joli and south back to Campbellton. There was very little snow in the Mont Joli area. I would recommend that you avoid that area. The rest of the trip was great. We didnot travel to the Perce or Gaspe areas, however I heard that it was good. Hope this helps you.
[snapback]298190[/snapback]​
Was it busy up there? we are hearing that it is very busy and that rooms are hard to come by. Any truth to that???

·
Registered
24 Posts
Big Dog D said:
lionelahier said:
Big Dog D said:

Thanx
[snapback]298190[/snapback]​
We travelled on a Mon, Tue and Wed and had rooms reserved a week in advance of that. We did encounter some traffic but it was not busy. I am sure the weekends are much busier, but dont know for sure. If you go to www.bonjourquebec.com then go into accommodations it will give you a list of all the motels-hotels in the Gaspe area. Have a great trip

Was it busy up there? we are hearing that it is very busy and that rooms are hard to come by. Any truth to that???
[snapback]298450[/snapback]​

·
Registered
367 Posts
We were up in the gaspe last year in Feb and it was not busy. Maybe busy for them, but not if you are used to riding in Pittsburg or Rangely etc. We would see about 10-15 machines each day. I would make some reservations just in case. We changed a few around last minute last year and did not have any trouble but do it early in the day.

Incredible riding. We are taking the same trip ina few weeks so I hope the north side gets some more snow. If not just pretend the dirt is snow!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts