Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Can't help you with the lodging, but I was in the area last weekend and the trails were fantastic. Went to the island from the Hulbert area. Rode around the Brevort trails also.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
straitssnowmobileclub.com trails are awesome. We stay at the Budgethost east of 75 trails 2 blocks out the back.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
We've been there every two weeks since the first of the year. Trails are awesome. If you want direct trail access I would try the Budget Host. Only about 2 blocks to the trail. We always stay at the Super 8. The owners of those 2 hotels are the only hotel owners in the area that are active in maintaining the trails.

Here's a link to the local sled forum with honest trail reports.

http://straitsareasnowmobileclub.com/forum/index.php

·
Registered
11 Posts
We've stayed at the Quality Inn a couple times. Gas station and trail access across the street. They also will let you leave your trailer for saddlebag trips.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
If you're going to stay at the a Quality Inn you might as well check out the Super 8. The owner is the president of the club and very snowmobiler friendly. It's only a couple hundred feet from the Quality.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Is there a staging area in St. Ignace that is safe to leave a truck and trailer for a few days? Thinking about doing a few day backpack trip starting out of there and we usually go a little further up before starting out.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Is there a staging area in St. Ignace that is safe to leave a truck and trailer for a few days? Thinking about doing a few day backpack trip starting out of there and we usually go a little further up before starting out.
Yes Little Bear East Arena on Marquette st. behind NAPA auto parts trails runs next to it. Its about a mile and a 1/4 east of 75 on business 2. We have been using it to start saddlebag trips for 15 years.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
When you ride out of St. Ignace, if you are heading north towards Trout Lake and aren't in a big hurry, take the western loop rather than the RR grade. Really nice trail and not nearly as boring.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When you ride out of St. Ignace, if you are heading north towards Trout Lake and aren't in a big hurry, take the western loop rather than the RR grade. Really nice trail and not nearly as boring.
Thanks for the tip. Do you know if Shirley's Happy Hour is still open in Hulbert? We have never been and my wife would like to see the deer.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
It was 2 weeks ago

·
Registered
304 Posts
If you want a different destination for a change ride from Iggy, through Cedarville/Hessel to Detour and spend the night on Drummond Island. The trails on this route were perfect were zero traffic last mid week. Really enjoyed the island also. Again no traffic and groomed to perfection. You can take the ferry over from Detour. $6 round trip for a sled.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Yes Little Bear East Arena on Marquette st. behind NAPA auto parts trails runs next to it. Its about a mile and a 1/4 east of 75 on business 2. We have been using it to start saddlebag trips for 15 years.
I looked this place up but I couldn't find anything about snowmobile truck & trailer parking. Is it OK by them to park there?

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I looked this place up but I couldn't find anything about snowmobile truck & trailer parking. Is it OK by them to park there?
Yes. It's actually across the street from the arena. It's a public parking area. Sled rigs are parked there all the time.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
hey i might be going back to the soo to do some riding and i wanted to make a ride down to st ignace. How are the trail conditions right now? Hoping good enough to make my slides last and keep my 1000 cool.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I just got back yesterday. The trails were hard and fast as of Saturday. Not bad as far as moguls go but a little hard on the hyfax.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Went by yesterday most snow by bridge I have seen in a long time this late...More snow in forecast and cold again for weekend

1 - 20 of 24 Posts