Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
I just heard on the radio that , due to the recent warm weather , a portion of trail 8 - 1.4 miles south of Paradise has been flooded by the lower Tahquamenon River , at this time they are simply saying "riders need to find another route" !

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Question on trials closer?????? If I come into Tanquamenon Falls SP on trail 45 from the west Trout and Newberry side can I still get to Paradise? I was planning on coming out of the Tanquamenon falls SP and turn left on 8 north or Shoot up 452 into Paradis. Is this Possible? Never been there so I need no. If not where can I get gas over there?

Thanks

Moater

·
Stay to the right, in your lane and slow down.
1,526 Posts
Think are referring to the swamp trail section of trail 8 south of town. You can still ride the un-plowed west side of 123 north from north of the Tahquamenon river all the way to the town trail bypassing the swap section of trail 8. Are a few driveways on that side of the road so be respectful. If never been through this part of the trail 8 swamp trail south of paradise - you can deep-6 your sled in nothing but peat muck if you are not careful or even if you are, so is better to close the section versus having folks get stuck/stranded. Plus from a habitat perspective they also need to close the section as repeated traffic is a negative impact.

From the Paradise Area Nightriders Feb 9 Report:

If you haven`t heard by now we had to close down the 3 mile section of our infamous swamp trail ( # 8 ) just south of town. It keeps opening up and some of the water holes are pretty deep. The DNR put out a press release yesterday. Go to our FB page and you can see that.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Tahquamenon was 100% correct!

Thought I would take this old map a draw a circle here to show anyone that has not been up that way where it is closed.

In reference to a previous post - If you are coming from the west on #45 from the falls or # 8 from Pine Stump, YES you can get to Paradise.

As also said, you can ride on the west side of M-123 through this closed section, (Make sure you are not on the plowed section of the road)..(approx 2.5 to 3 miles) and pick up trail #8 again down by the Tahquamenon River. As also stated please be respectful of private drives through the area

Hope this helps some folks out if your planning on heading that way. With the cold temps coming here over this next week, maybe it will be reopened by early next week. :righton

We definitely need the COLD and SNOW this winter!!

Safe riding to everyone out there!

Snowmobile trails Paradise.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Question on trials closer?????? If I come into Tanquamenon Falls SP on trail 45 from the west Trout and Newberry side can I still get to Paradise? I was planning on coming out of the Tanquamenon falls SP and turn left on 8 north or Shoot up 452 into Paradis. Is this Possible? Never been there so I need no. If not where can I get gas over there?

Thanks

Moater
Yes. This is possible. 45 and trail 8 meet around the corner from the gas station in paradise. This closer only effects south on trail 8 from the gas station.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Tahquamenon was 100% correct!

Thought I would take this old map a draw a circle here to show anyone that has not been up that way where it is closed.

In reference to a previous post - If you are coming from the west on #45 from the falls or # 8 from Pine Stump, YES you can get to Paradise.

As also said, you can ride on the west side of M-123 through this closed section, (Make sure you are not on the plowed section of the road)..(approx 2.5 to 3 miles) and pick up trail #8 again down by the Tahquamenon River. As also stated please be respectful of private drives through the area

Hope this helps some folks out if your planning on heading that way. With the cold temps coming here over this next week, maybe it will be reopened by early next week. :righton
We definitely need the COLD and SNOW this winter!!

Safe riding to everyone out there!

Snowmobile trails Paradise.jpg
I just went to the soo on Friday from paradise and avoided the swamp via 123. It wasn't bad at all. Once you get past there it was fine the whole way to the Soo (rail bed heading into brimley was a little bouncey though).

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Thanks the info. As I have said before in another post, this trip is really going to be a great week trip because of all the help and suggestions everyone has provided me.

See you soon!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts