Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy to be getting rid of the last 2 stroke I will ever own, last Friday we were the first ones on the freshly groomed trail after about 5 miles of running fast the etec slowed down and went into a limp mode for about 2 miles (20 mph)it has done this before (heat soaked maybe)anyways the etec is likely the best 2 stroke out there and it does steer a little easier,but tired of nagging issues and the rh side panel turning black from the oil,only has 2800 km so will still get a decent dollar for it

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Absolutely love my 1200 Blizzard.

Reactions: Dr. Rotax

·
OCD Sledhead
8,598 Posts
Happy to be getting rid of the last 2 stroke I will ever own, last Friday we were the first ones on the freshly groomed trail after about 5 miles of running fast the etec slowed down and went into a limp mode for about 2 miles (20 mph)it has done this before (heat soaked maybe)anyways the etec is likely the best 2 stroke out there and it does steer a little easier,but tired of nagging issues and the rh side panel turning black from the oil,only has 2800 km so will still get a decent dollar for it
Great point.....I wont miss my right side lower orange panel being BLACK, even after i just clean it. LOL

And no more smell, so great to be back on a 4s again...My brief flirtation with 2s for 2 yrs was fun, but will take reliability,longevity,and resale over anything.

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
"reliability,longevity,and resale over anything."

and there you have it.......well said

Reactions: sledhead32

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Last year we had a 2011 gsx 1200 and it would usually take $2 less per fill than the etec (not to mention oil)now this year the blizzard is always $5-6 less than the etec,and don't need to worry when some places don't sell premium!!

·
Stay to the right, in your lane and slow down.
1,526 Posts
I'm looking to part ways with the kids 550x as well and replace it with a 900. Just no need to ride in the smoke any more
Think Rev 550X is a great sled. My daughter (now 15) loves hers and has been riding it about 5 years + 7600 miles had 1300mi on it when I bought it and now 8900. I like the 2 stroke smoke from Amsoil Interceptor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts