Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, looking at extending my 500ss into a 136 and have a couple questions. First off I heard that the slp rail and tunnel extensions aren't the best and that the tracksusa kit is way more dependable, truth or myth? Has anyone in Ontario ordered their kit and a track? If so, how long did it take for shipping and what did they charge you? Looking at the 136 rails, tunnel extension and a 136x15x1.75 bcx with a 2.52 pitch and they quoted me 870 shipped online. Not sure how far off their shipping is. Any input on their products will be greatly appreciated, thanks guys.

Sent from my RCT6203W46L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Can't tell a darn thing as to shipping to Canada. Can't tell you how they compare to other brand extension kits. I can tell you a few years ago I did get a extension kit from them and was pleased with the quality the only install glitch I had was where the extension fit into the rails (the block on the extension that fits into the area on the rail that the rear axle slides for track adjustments did not fit perfectly) very minor grinding on the block problem solved. Over 10000 miles not one problem with their kit. As to the price seems a fair price shipped to your door

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome thats good to hear. I noticed someone that had an slp kit removed outter wheels and only ran 2 inner rear wheels, can you do this with the tracks kit? Seems like a reasonable price considering a track at Royal Distributing is around 920 haha. They sell the slp rails and tunnel for about 350 taxes in which is outrageous

·
Registered
16,788 Posts
TracksUSA kit is superior to the SLP kit, from what I've researched on DooTalk. Something about how it's mounted.

Google this

DooTalk, TracksUSA extension

And then

DooTalk, SLP extension

Or why not just find a 136 to swap in? Drill some holes and done.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have tracks USA 136 extention kit on my 07 600 & 800 with a 1.75 and have had no issues. There delivery was quick and very pleasant to talk to on the phone. I would suggest calling and talking to them about your sled. You won't be disappointed ....

·
Registered
223 Posts
Can't tell a darn thing as to shipping to Canada. Can't tell you how they compare to other brand extension kits. I can tell you a few years ago I did get a extension kit from them and was pleased with the quality the only install glitch I had was where the extension fit into the rails (the block on the extension that fits into the area on the rail that the rear axle slides for track adjustments did not fit perfectly) very minor grinding on the block problem solved. Over 10000 miles not one problem with their kit. As to the price seems a fair price shipped to your door
same here, little grinding. I looked at the slp, and trackusa, it was sort of a no brainer which one I was going with, my opinion though. Happy with the trackusa so far.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I have tracks USA kit on my rev and love it. The extensions are solid. You'll bend your stock rails before you bend the tracks USA extensions. As far as being in canada... Im pretty sure the trackscanada.com is the exact same company, but for those north of the boarder..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cools, thanks a bunch, just sent them an email.

Sent from my RCT6203W46L using Tapatalk

·
2nd Whore in command
102,284 Posts
TracksUSA is by far the best rail extension out there IMO. Been running them for 6 seasons on my ZX. I wouldn't even think about the SLP over the T-USA extensions.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts