Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering stretching my Rev 440 into a 136". I was looking at Tracks USA and they seem to have a good package price on rail extensions, tunnel extension and track. Has anyone used their rail extensions on a SC-111 skid and how do they hold up? Are they strong enough to take some abuse or should I look for 136" Doo Hillcross rails? Thanks

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
good stuff.........no worries hillcrossing with tracks USA rail exteninons........lots of guys use them.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I was actually the one to twist Bruce's arm enough to get him to make the 136" extensions for the race rails, I needed the 05 ones and he messed up and made the 03/04 extensions and then eventually made the 05 ones for me. Took a long time to get them but ultimately it did not hold up my project and I am really happy with them.

Both me and StarFox128 used them on our Renegade build ups, really happy with them, great fit, nice tight tollerances, great price I thought.

Check out our galleries, there are shots of both skids in and out of the sled.

Also, when I was looking I tried to find a doo hillcross skid and or rails, next to impossible or I was not barking up the right trees.

2k2mxzolympic700 said:
I am considering stretching my Rev 440 into a 136". I was looking at Tracks USA and they seem to have a good package price on rail extensions, tunnel extension and track. Has anyone used their rail extensions on a SC-111 skid and how do they hold up? Are they strong enough to take some abuse or should I look for 136" Doo Hillcross rails? Thanks
[snapback]731334[/snapback]​

·
Registered
964 Posts
PrairieRenegade said:
I was actually the one to twist Bruce's arm enough to get him to make the 136" extensions for the race rails, I needed the 05 ones and he messed up and made the 03/04 extensions and then eventually made the 05 ones for me. Took a long time to get them but ultimately it did not hold up my project and I am really happy with them.

Both me and StarFox128 used them on our Renegade build ups, really happy with them, great fit, nice tight tollerances, great price I thought.

Also, when I was looking I tried to find a doo hillcross skid and or rails, next to impossible or I was not barking up the right trees.

2k2mxzolympic700 said:
[snapback]731557[/snapback]​
That sled looks AWESOME!!!!!! I had a 2004 Gade X 800 last year and it was not up to the task when riding the powerlines(way too soft). I looked into redoing the shocks, springs, adding braces, etc and when it came down to it the sled already had 3000 miles on it so dumping a lot of time and money into it was not worth it. I found a great deal on this brand new 2004 440 last November so I decided to give it a shot. One of my riding buddies has a 440 and I love how snappy and stiff it is. I do miss the raw power(top end) of the Gade and the deep snow ability so I am thinking that the 440 chassis is a great starting place for a Summer project. I would like to find a bigger motor (600ho or more) and add the 136" rail extensions to give me the "perfect" sled. The prices from Tracks USA for the rail extensions, tunnel extension and a new 1.5" track was $449 (if I remeber right) which seems very fair. My only concern was that I was going to go through all of this work only to find the extensions are not up for a good beating
. Did you use the 165mm rear wheels(stock 440) or did you use the 180mm Hillcross wheels on the rail extensions? Thanks

·
Registered
194 Posts
2k2mxzolympic700 said:
PrairieRenegade said:

2k2mxzolympic700 said:
[snapback]731557[/snapback]​
That sled looks AWESOME!!!!!! I had a 2004 Gade X 800 last year and it was not up to the task when riding the powerlines(way too soft). I looked into redoing the shocks, springs, adding braces, etc and when it came down to it the sled already had 3000 miles on it so dumping a lot of time and money into it was not worth it. I found a great deal on this brand new 2004 440 last November so I decided to give it a shot. One of my riding buddies has a 440 and I love how snappy and stiff it is. I do miss the raw power(top end) of the Gade and the deep snow ability so I am thinking that the 440 chassis is a great starting place for a Summer project. I would like to find a bigger motor (600ho or more) and add the 136" rail extensions to give me the "perfect" sled. The prices from Tracks USA for the rail extensions, tunnel extension and a new 1.5" track was $449 (if I remeber right) which seems very fair. My only concern was that I was going to go through all of this work only to find the extensions are not up for a good beating
. Did you use the 165mm rear wheels(stock 440) or did you use the 180mm Hillcross wheels on the rail extensions? Thanks
[snapback]731675[/snapback]​
The rail extensions that TrackUSA built for us are simply a copy of the tail end of the stock 03/04 and 05 rails, they do not allow for a change in wheel diameter so both of us are using the stock wheels, my 05 had bigger wheels on it stock so that might be what you are seeing compared to the 03 that StarFox is using.

If you want to go with different wheels check out the extensions that Rev*Baron designed, if he has some available they will accomodate a different wheel without an offset axel I belive.

Thanks for the comments on the sleds, we work really hard to get them to the point they are at. Next project is a full custom fabricated Mini Renegade X for my little girl, I will get pics up here as soon as I have them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts