Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Doo you have a link to an article that says they've lost market share to Poo? I'd like to read that.
Thanks.
People buying Poo instead of Doo = loss of market share.
Simple maths bruh

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
People buying Poo instead of Doo = loss of market share.
Simple maths bruh

And I know a bunch of people who bought Doo instead of Poo. That is not proof that Doo lost market share to Poo.

Simple logics bruh

That’s why I asked for objective proof, not anecdotes since actual sales numbers for each manufacturer seem hard to find.

·
Registered
280 Posts
And I know a bunch of people who bought Doo instead of Poo. That is not proof that Doo lost market share to Poo.

Simple logics bruh

That’s why I asked for objective proof, not anecdotes since actual sales numbers for each manufacturer seem hard to find.
If you want to argue about it go find someone else.
I am still a big Doo fan, but can't ignore Poo's growing dominance.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
^^^^^he is right yah know^^^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
960 Posts

Simple logics bruh

I’m buying the poo next year. I’ve had it with buying a new doo every second year and having to upgrade my suspension every time. That and the same chassis for 5-6 years is driving me crazy. The 2 year warranty on a turbo is also BS. I’ve ran a turbo on a few doo sleds now and it’s always the same ,
2 good seasons then it’s a turd. But I put the turbo on and was aware the sled was a ticking time bomb. But buying a new sled with only a 2 year warranty is unacceptable. PS I’ve owned 14 new doos over the years and this will be my first poo. I’ve had it with the doo.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
I’m buying the poo next year. I’ve had it with buying a new doo every second year and having to upgrade my suspension every time. That and the same chassis for 5-6 years is driving me crazy. The 2 year warranty on a turbo is also BS. I’ve ran a turbo on a few doo sleds now and it’s always the same ,
2 good seasons then it’s a turd. But I put the turbo on and was aware the sled was a ticking time bomb. But buying a new sled with only a 2 year warranty is unacceptable. PS I’ve owned 14 new doos over the years and this will be my first poo. I’ve had it with the doo.

Polaris sleds are appealing for sure.

If you get one, please do a review of it on Dootalk.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Polaris sleds are appealing for sure.

If you get one, please do a review of it on Dootalk.
I will. Buying a poo kept me up at night the last couple sleds I purchased. Lol. But I always stuck will the summit. I’ll be riding a Snowbike this winter, snow check a new Polaris for follow year. That poo on boost looks like it’ll be a beast. But it is a poo I don’t want a first year stock turbo sled. It is still a poo. Lol but I’m doing it.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Ive got a track cracking also. Dealer said "unless you can truly prove" it wasn't abused they will deny it. Bummer deal but not a deal breaker either. Not much warranty on car or pickup tires either. Ill spend the cost of the track on 1 snowmobile trip. 800 miles one way. I got nothing against polaris but i prefer skidoo for quality product. Good thing theres other brand's available for those that cant get over some track warranty issues. Cough up the money and dont buy the doo track. Upgrade to a high ply. Its to light for the beating it takes. Or buy a poo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
829 Posts
Well… look at what they are doing lately, less warranty on 2022 sled, BS warranty comments like the sled was used in low snow conditions, so dont use your sled on groomed trails, so yah Im not happy about the outcome of my track. Doo must think their customers are stupid or something, I can visually see there is a issue with mine, not from low snow, its only in a 30” section, if it was low snow wouldn’t it be throughout the track? Not concentrated in 30 sq in section???

Rumors of extra fees on in season sleds this year, things are stacking up.
Polaris seems to be leading they way lately especially with their athletes. Now that they have a sled that makes HP at altitude, and they managed to release a new engine and chassis during a covid year. This will be a interesting coming winter.
Doo cannot even seem to put LED headlights in their sleds, they need to step it up.

I dont know if you have a good dealer near you, but having a good dealer on your side will certainly help getting issues warrantied and/or good willed. Our shop sells Polaris and Ski-Doo and while neither company is perfect. Polaris has a long way to go to even compete with SkiDoo. There are lots of things I prefer about the Polaris sleds (i like the more rigid frame, suspension and LED lights etc) but we see lots more of them back electrical and engine trouble vs. Doo. I would love it if Polaris was closer competition for Skidoo as we sell both, but currently we sell more than 10-1 Doo vs Poo. I think that is in part because Polaris has no 4 stroke offerings and cant really compete with Doos utility lineup. All that said, I like things about both brands and hope Polaris can offer more competition in the future. And get a good dealer that can go to bat for you on the track warranty. I have gotten many of them covered for our customers! peace.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
100% correct, Dealer has a lot to do with it. I was in the Automobile field for 28+ years and it's all about the dealers relationship with the manufacture, that will allow your dealer to take care of you. In a rare case where it wasn't really a warranty issue, we just took care of it for good customers and did not charge the manufacture. The manufacture new we where fair with them and allowed us to do things, other dealers where not allowed to do.

Bob

21 - 32 of 32 Posts