Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
My owners manual in specification chart gives 16lbs down force but no measurement, it shows, [in] & [mm] but is blank, Anybody know what deflection is spose to be in inches, Anybody else have this problem in their book. THANKS

·
Registered
893 Posts
This relates well to the posts about "smoking the sliders off".

Run the sled as loose as you can without the track ratcheting the drive cogs under acceleration. That may work out to 1.5" to 1.75" at 16 ft/lbs. For a studded track it will be tighter (meaning 1.2").

While you're at it, make sure the rails "touch" the surface at the same time front to rear. The limiter straps run too long out of the box, and while that may lead to spectacular weight transfers and wheelies, it also may mean 300 mi on a set of sliders and they're toast,,,,raise the front of the rail to match the rear and take some weight off the front and minimize drag on the curve to yield longer mileage on the slide material (hyfax). The wider rails used on the SC4 are making us use the old style 'wide' hyfax which is blocking almost all the window up in the track and allowing minimal amounts of snow inside the suspension which is raising temps and making the hyfax wear quicker than whats used previously in sc3 designs.

Run loose to run cooler and run fast. Good luck.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I think it is happened at about 70-75 miles per hour it seems like at that speed they feel like they are sticking to me and that is wear my buddys have told me they could smell hyfax when rideing behind me,i have just over 2200 miles on the sled ,and on my third set the last set i have just run to see how far they wil go and it seems like it has gone down in just one spot a little past half way and stoped wearing also lined up the frount wheels and i think that helped.
or maybe we should just they out to the skids and blow the tracks and skids and then MAYBE skidoo mite pull their heads out of their butts and do something, after they have to warrinty that damage on a couple thousand sleds...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts