Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys the other night I was riding with my buddies, and my brother inlaw wanted to race me with his 03 f7. Lined up took of when I tape it on the start I feel a clunk. Down the line at about 90mph or so I hear and feel it again. I thought it was the track slap everyone has been talking about with the 98 machz. But last week I ajusted the chain tension the track seems to have the correct tension on it. The next race I put my buddy on my sled to run it and see if he could tell what was going on.He came back and thought it might be the clutch. Could it be a bearing going out. If it was track slap I could see this happening on the start but on a WOT. Anyway has anyone have any input on what could be happening. By the way if this would not have happened because I let of at the start and down the drag I would have had the f7 thanks.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Is your track tight? On the 98's, the track will hit the bulkhead before it skips.

I had the same thing happen to me earlier this year -- I thought there was something really wrong based on the noises it was making -- was actually just a loose track.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey I went out in the garage today and looked again to the track and it seamed alittle loose so I tightened it up ran it the noise is gone thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would guess same as bill, your hitting up front. Easy check, just look on the botttom side where your track makes the turn by the bulkhead. I had to put front protectors on my 99', scratched it up pretty good. If you have protection up front already I'd look somewhere else, but your problem sounds familiar to me. My 2 cents.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts