Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 summit 154. The track keeps shifting over and rubbing on the suspension mount. Everything seems even and is tight. Any ideas what could keep causing this?

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Do you have the same gap on each side of track to sliders?

If it is not even, adjustment as follows.

Run sled on stand for 2-3 mins at 25 mph.
Shut sled off do not touch brake, allow track to come to a stop.
Measure each side of track from track clip to sliders.
Determine the side that needs adjustment and is the furthest away from track clip and slider (biggest gap)
Loosen both rear wheel bolts, loosen both jamb nuts on each side of rear adjustment bolts.
Tighten up the bolt 1/2 turn at a time, restart sled and run track for 30 seconds allowing track to come to a stop without using brake.
Keep adjusting until track is even to sliders.
Retighten both jamb nuts, and rear wheel bolts.

Half way from front track wheels to rear wheels, track should have a gap "sag" around 1-3/8" with track being pulled down with 15-19 lbs applied to underside of sliders.
Adjust each bolt same amount in or out, and retighten jamb nuts afterwards.
Most people "like" track to be loose without ratcheting!

Also check your skid bolts are secured, and not loose or missing. If they are loose apply blue loc-tite and retorque to spec.
Best of luck.

·
Registered
183 Posts
The track tends to drift side to side due to the t-motion design. I usually try to find the happy medium by centering the track bw the rear skid mounts and keeping the slides within reason. I added 2 1/8" spacers on each side just on the inside of the rear mounts to add some additional space. This lets the track walk slightly and not rub on the mounting brackets.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Cool, see how that works.....adjust if needed!

·
Registered
360 Posts
If your tensioner screws are even (easily confirmed with a tape measure), then the rubbing is very likely due to the track simply being too loose. Recommend you try tensioning it properly, using a track deflection tool, with equal tensioner settings before trying to custom align it (i.e., different tensioner screw settings). This has always worked for me in the past.

·
Registered
23 Posts
What track do u have? 2 1/4 inch?? Mine was rubbing on the right side and all adjustments were done by dealer and still rubbed. Told them to put 2 1/2 track on that is molded differently and fixed my problem. As i was in the dealer and saw one on show room floor the same way...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What track do u have? 2 1/4 inch?? Mine was rubbing on the right side and all adjustments were done by dealer and still rubbed. Told them to put 2 1/2 track on that is molded differently and fixed my problem. As i was in the dealer and saw one on show room floor the same way...
pretty sure its 2.5!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have the backcounty with 2 in powdermax and it too is close to rubbing on right side. Tried to fix it according to Manuel. It moved track to left alittle but can only move so far. It seemed to align track some but also ended up tightening track on right side. Not sure what to do. Not rubbing right now but can't be more than a cm from rubbing. Doesn't looked aligned to me. Once break in is done dealer can figure it out. I will keep and eye on it but I am guessing I will need to get a track defection tool and realign track and start over with track tension. Any other thought on what to do or if everyone thinks this is normal would be appreciated

·
Registered
23 Posts
If u look at ur lug of ur track and if it is straight up from the main belt (track) then its a good possibility that it's going to rub. My right foot would fall asleep all the time from the vibrations of the lug rubbing on a river for the suspension mount. I got a track that the outside lugs are moulded in a little bit and no longer rubs...

·
Registered
257 Posts
My 146 Freeride and 154 Summit both ran close to the right mount even though the track was aligned and tensioned correctly. This is why i added a few spacers to gain a little extra clearance. Im pretty sure this issue is normal.
I have the same issue with my 16 summit. The right side is tighter to the skid mount.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Even if your alignment screws are even the track could have stretched differently from one side to the other. Measure the gap on each side of the sliders and I run my track as loose as I can before it ratchets.

Reactions: Preemo01

·
Registered
23 Posts
My thoughts...I pay 10,000 for something brand new under warranty, track shouldn't rub. If does something is wrong and since mine did it from the crate, its not right. In other words if u buy a new pickup and every time u open the door it hits the fender...=not right. Just my $.02

·
hater on all xrs and freeride owners that drive li
2,307 Posts
my track has left rub marks on both my drop brackets. do i care? no, should you care? probably not. is it going to affect the integrity of the track? not likely. whats the issue again?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I agree completely. 13000 for a sled my wrenches shouldn't touch it for a while. Certainly not in first 200 miles. After break in it will be going back to dealer for go through and I will be having them check into it. Very little clearance for 16 in track that has some to do with it. Really wish I wouldn't notice this little things. Ends up bugging the &&@" out of me. $&@" it,run it is what I have determined with sleds

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
With a skid that pivots side to side, doo you really expect the track NOT to rub?? I mean come on.... ditch the tmo if u dont like the track rubbing..

1 - 20 of 46 Posts