·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Unfortunately that track is done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Joe, your 850 is still under warranty, what did your dealer say? I am missing a lug too but at least it make a hole like yours, just the lug missing. There are so many of these tracks falling apart now I think they should be on the verge of recalling them!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Dealer is going to look at the BRP document about delamination, say it delaminated due to heat. When you ask what temp it delaminates at they will not tell you, they will say you rode on the trails and caused the track to heat up, then when you argue that, they will say because the taller lug profiles flexing caused the heat and the delamination. Then when you question them further and ask how just one lug could have reached the unknown temperature and not any others before or after reached that magical temp they will give you some other reason that says it is your fault. And when you point out you have 0 center lugs failing only outside lugs they will again tell you it's your fault, and give you no indication what you need to do to fix it, or what you could have done to prevent it.

So from my experience with BRP and track issues, buy a new flex edge track, and park it in the trailer and do not use it, as basic use in any condition will cause the track to delaminate and it's your fault.

Expressing any concern with BRP about the tracks falling apart is like getting in a fight with your wife!

Does not matter its your fault.

·
Metalhead
9,088 Posts
Joe, your 850 is still under warranty, what did your dealer say? I am missing a lug too but at least it make a hole like yours, just the lug missing. There are so many of these tracks falling apart now I think they should be on the verge of recalling them!
I dont think i have rubber torn clear of the aramid fiber. I do have a lot of paddles torn, most split in two, like flaps now...HAHAHA. The one lug torn right off still has rubber on the bar.

I admit, I sometimes drive over a "track lathe" a time or two, back out in the salad patch.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Try
carrolltech.com
He's in NY. They can sew in cords and re vulcanize rubber. They do skid loader and snowmobile track repairs. He did some custom work on a track for me on a mod sled I made narrow a few years back. Great results!

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Dealer is going to look at the BRP document about delamination, say it delaminated due to heat. When you ask what temp it delaminates at they will not tell you, they will say you rode on the trails and caused the track to heat up, then when you argue that, they will say because the taller lug profiles flexing caused the heat and the delamination. Then when you question them further and ask how just one lug could have reached the unknown temperature and not any others before or after reached that magical temp they will give you some other reason that says it is your fault. And when you point out you have 0 center lugs failing only outside lugs they will again tell you it's your fault, and give you no indication what you need to do to fix it, or what you could have done to prevent it.

So from my experience with BRP and track issues, buy a new flex edge track, and park it in the trailer and do not use it, as basic use in any condition will cause the track to delaminate and it's your fault.

Expressing any concern with BRP about the tracks falling apart is like getting in a fight with your wife!

Does not matter its your fault.
Sounds like what i had go round with polaris, said the same thing about the track getting too hot, and when i prodded them they went well we dont have a max speed for the track. This got even worse when i really got and their case and said well its a crossover sled that you wont tell me how fast i can go without damaging the track. They also wouldnt warranty with it. Well when i actually called the polaris customer help line, I had a good conversation with a tech, and they basically said that the damage was due to hitting stuff under the snow( the paddle was peeling away from the track, as the lug was very stiff and didnt flex), but never got any worse so i lived with it. But i hate that bull**** answer, that i got about delamination.

Reactions: onkyo
1 - 11 of 11 Posts