Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that one of my track clips where bent and I was wondering what I can do about it? Its on the inner part of the track and is sticking up about a good quarter inch. If someone could help me out quick I would appreciate it.

Thanks Bob

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tryed to bend it back with no luck at all couldn't even move it. Will it be safe to ride with one missing??

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
If you can get it off go buy a new one i think they are only a couple of bucks if that. alot of dealers will rent you a clip installer it only takes a second to put a new one on. If you are only clipped every third window I wouldnt advise riding it like that but if every window is clipped you might be ok. good luck

·
In Search Of PAH!
1,853 Posts
I have had to rip out a couple clips while riding a few times. Never had any problems with running without a few of them. That was a fully clipped track.

My friend is missing a few on his 3rd window closed track, and has been riding that way for a few hundred miles. Also, no problems.

If it was just for a little while, I would run it without a clip. I would just replace that one when you get the chance. Or else take it to a dealer and have them replace the bad clip. Shouldn't be more than 5 or 10 minutes labor, and about $2 for the clip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts